Booklet fighting with us Knife LC-14-B (the woodsman's pal) 1942

kyhistorian01

kyhistorian01

I thought I would share this booklet with the membership I found it very interesting and it will display nicely with my example of the knife.

post-6492-0-59910600-1554771435_thumb.jpg

That's great, thanks for showing that. I had no idea there was training for the offensive use of the woodman's pal.

Marv

I've had my Woodsman Pal for several years, but never bothered to read the manual! Now if I can just find it again. Thanks for posting.

I think this Knife set has a total of 4 booklets

1. Care, Use & Sharpening

2. Living in the Jungle

3. Survival Tool Kit Airman’s

4. Fighting with USA Knife LC-14-B.

I have a modern-day Woodsman's Pal. My teenage daughter said it would be good for fighting zombies!

• 3 weeks later...
General Apathy

I think this Knife set has a total of 4 booklets

1. Care, Use & Sharpening

2. Living in the Jungle

3. Survival Tool Kit Airman’s

4. Fighting with USA Knife LC-14-B.

Hi Kyhistorian, thanks for starting this topic, and mdk0911 for mentioning the booklets, your numbers 1/2/4 are the booklets you mention, item three survival kit is two fishing hooks and line. Another item held inside an internal pocket is a circular honing stone, of two grades one side a smooth grade and the opposite side a fine grade, the stone bears a print of the company logo on one side.

This is my unissued example with a piece of folded card around the blade, I added an elastic band as the tape used on the card had dried out.

regards all, lewis.

.post-344-0-63295000-1556318300_thumb.jpeg

Yeah that would do the job for sure. The British used a bill-hook during WW1. I have a hospital bolo some marine sharpened like a razor. I acquired it with his hat and dog tags. That thing would lop your head right off.

• 2 years later...

was there someone on this forum that was selling these various booklets for these tools?  I saw someone selling them within the past few years but cant recall where it was.