33rd Infantry Division painted helmet.

I just won this, not my area of collecting, worth $70? I bid and won on a whim, figured it goes with my 75mm shrapnel shell. All comments welcomed.post-180924-0-74869600-1554762516.jpeg

beerdragon54

About retail. Would need a close up

on the insignia to be sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

seems about right. It has a very large painted insignia on it too, most ive seen are about the size of a half dollar

I will post up close pics when in hand. The auctioned collection had a boat load of WW1 uniforms, 8 WW2 helmet liners ( that lot brought about $400) a few more unpainted doughboy helmets and a 1st and 91st painted helmets.post-180924-0-48999200-1554776625.jpeg

Received it today, it came from a large WW1 collection from a storage unit in Indiana. I was unaware it has what appears to be a bullet/ shrapnel hole near the rim, probably why it did not bring the bigger money as the other dozen or so did. Markings, " 182 ZD" on inside rear rim. Happy with it, shipping was cheaper than thought, total cost $65. Nice wall hangar.post-180924-0-30296600-1555192117_thumb.jpeg

I was informed the hole size is indeed shrapnel damage, not bullet damage. Hole size matches to German shrapnel ball size. With all the dents and shrapnel hole, the wearer must have had quite a few interesting stories to tell....or quite possibly the shrapnel took him to the grave.

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I dunno if shrapnel, I have an M1 that was shot but a handgun, I think a 45, with a very similar shaped and sized hole