Salty Schlueter Fixed bail

cerick1450

Hello

A friend of mine picked this up at a yard sale years ago. It is a Schlueter Fixed bail with CAPAAC liner. It appears to have a couple of Shrapnel dents in the rear...

Exterior has original paint on both the liner and helmet. Both have been well used. Named to Joe C. Helmet is missing buckle. Helmet is marked 109 A with the Schlueter S.

Liner suspension, nape strap and sweatband are all maker marked.

How does it look?

Thank you in advance...

(Sorry for the pictures, was using his camera)

post-13198-0-50804500-1554758819.jpg

post-13198-0-48231300-1554758828.jpg

Hello

A friend of mine picked this up at a yard sale years ago. It is a Schlueter Fixed bail with CAPAAC liner. It appears to have a couple of Shrapnel dents in the rear...

The dents look like some back yard target practice me.I seen many where someone with a .22 rifle or 38 revolver shot a helmet just to see if they are "bullet proof"

The dents look like some back yard target practice me.I seen many where someone with a .22 rifle or 38 revolver shot a helmet just to see if they are "bullet proof"

I got a plastic toy M1 helmet for Christmas when I was a kid. A neighbor kid wanted to see if it worked so whacked it with a brick. Unfortunately I was wearing it at the time. And no, it didn't work too well. I could have become an astronomer with all the stars I saw. But I'm feeling much better now.

I like the helmet. It's been through the wars, just don't know if they were backyard wars or not.

Mikie

It is too bad my friend did not inquire more about the vet from the family he purchased the helmet from. He believes it is as was brought home, but no way to confirm.. I also like it...

The buckle end of the helmet chinstrap has been cut off about 2 inches... The J hook is still in place. I took a photo of the J-hook and cut off end of the buckle strap together.

post-13198-0-62810800-1554841535.jpg