VA-175 Squadron, Devil's Diplomats, USS WASP 1953-1954 World Cruise

frank2far

frank2far

Indeed. Thanks for the comment. If someone wants to see something, let me know, I have a lot of material.

Excellent description of a straight deck carrier landing. He really put you in the pilots seat on a nose high landing.

Every fifteen seconds, just ponder that for a minute, landing on a rolling moving wooden deck one after the other.

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you for sharing this marvelous grouping from your father. I'd never seen such a lot of 50/60's USN pilot great items!

Franck

• 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...

Thanks for sharing your father’s history

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MAJOR DITTO! tremendous and no doubt hard work honoring him. much respect to you both.

• 1 year later...

Ken Hammond's Jacket. You can see his hard carrier landing in previous photos in tis thread. He died in 1959 during an aviation accident.

IMG_5903.jpg

IMG_5905.jpg

40050_2421401696_0452-02489.jpg

2aaa - Copy.jpg

7 ENS Ken Hammond.jpg

Absolutely amazing historic archive of naval aviation history. Thank you so very much for sharing this. Have you contacted a publishing company about possible printing of this? The amount of color slides is enough to justify the cost alone for any aviation enthusiast. Just my .02. In any case, thanks again for letting us here enjoy. Cheers!

• 11 months later...