VA-175 Squadron, Devil's Diplomats, USS WASP 1953-1954 World Cruise

frank2far

Very comprehensive collection! Like the early Jet helmets, similar to what my uncle had when he went thru flight training in the early 50's. Thanks for sharing!

Very comprehensive collection! Like the early Jet helmets, similar to what my uncle had when he went thru flight training in the early 50's. Thanks for sharing!

Thanks. My dad was a pack rat and I grew up with this stuff. I am glad he kept it all. The letters are the best and most of the photos correspond to the letters. I was able to take to a few of the members of the squadron and LSOs.

Wow that is incredible and most complete grouping I have ever seen! Great.

Im more fun of WW2 Naval Aviation stuff but this is rare pieces in one hand together.

Regards,

Jerry

• 3 weeks later...

These early jet items and photos are really incredible, thank you for sharing them here. Wow! Even better that they belonged to your father.

-Derek

Resting on a Banshee

P.S. - If I could add one thing to this wonderful thread, this is an F9F Cougar (most probably a -6/-7) that your father is leaning against and not a Banshee.

-Derek

P.S. - If I could add one thing to this wonderful thread, this is an F9F Cougar (most probably a -6/-7) that your father is leaning against and not a Banshee.

-Derek

Thank you!