1/35 Diorama to Honor Local Boy KIA in WWI

Robswashashore

Robswashashore

Latest project is a 1/35 diorama to honor a local boy who was killed in the Great War. He is buried in the cemetery just down the road near my husband's family.

"On the morning of 31 July, both Infantry Brigades of the 32nd Division went into action side by side. Directly in front of us was the long, open slope of the Ourcq Valley, reaching into the woods of Les Jomblettes on Hill 212, a spur of Hill 230. This objective constituted one of the strongest German positions on the line of the Ourcq, and the success of the contemplated operation meant the breaking of the Kaiser's last formidable line of resistance shouts of the Vesle. Les Jomblettes was not only holding up the 32nd division, machine gun nests there and in the Bois Pelger, further back, flanked the open ground in front of the 42nd Division and absolutely prevented any advance...On the left, the 53rd Brigade promptly reached its objective, Hill 212, after some wicked fighting. They dove into Les Jomblettes and mopped it up and then cleaned ut the Bois Pelger, allowing the 42nd Division to advance."

The 32nd Division in the World War, 1917-1919

post-12350-0-54602200-1554480845_thumb.jpgpost-12350-0-20505300-1554480873.jpeg

Proud Kraut

Excellent dio, I like your outdoor pictures very much, especially the "period shot"! Could you please provide some infos about the figures?

Robswashashore

PK -- they are the EMHAR American WWI Infantry 'Doughboys' EM 3509. I was very pleased with the detail.

Proud Kraut

I see, I haven't built any EMHAR kits or figures yet, they are really looking fine. Thanks for the update!