Operation Desert Storm used USMC PASGT with Vet Provenance

AnDuc49

USMC-RECON0321

Hey Troy,

Thanks for your comment. Do you still have your helmet? I'd love to see it or any other items that you might have from that time

As for the EGA, the helmet doesn't have it. In the pictures, it doesn't look like there's an EGA on his boonie either.

Yes still have it and my Iraqi Freedom Helmet from 2004. Not a great picture, but I had it saved on my computer already.

post-33000-0-04120400-1554919696_thumb.jpg

I have always wondered when the Desert Storm helmets would be appreciated. I still have mine, which after 6 months in the sand box and 5-1/2 years of training at Fort Bragg has serious corrosion issues. Here is a picture of my helmet, and a separate helmet that I use to display my cover. Both are airborne rigged with the brain blotter and rabbit ears and the one with my cover came out of Fort Bragg at some point. Underneath my helmet with the standard woodland cover is the broken chinstrap that resulted from copious amounts of sweat over the years. I'm sure there are more of us out there that still have their Kevlars from that time period.

PS I have since put the chin strap right on the Desert Storm display.

post-11546-0-22300100-1554949650_thumb.jpg

Cap Camouflage Pattern I

I appreachate desert storm helmets, but they are quite hard to come by. I've got 80+ personalized or otherwise special 6 color covers, but haven't found a complete helmet yet.