Femaru M37 GI Bringback!

WWIIBuff1945

WWIIBuff1945

I found this beauty on Legacy Collectables website. It all matching including the magazine. They rate the finish at 92-93% and the bore 9/10. It has an interesting bring back tag. This is only my second tagged one and its different that my other. The GI put his initials on the holster. I don't have any additional info at this time as its hard to read the vets name and its missing a number or two on his serial number. A nice Femaru has been on my want list for some time and the matching mag was a plus. They sure take some nice clear pictures so you know exactly what your buying!

img_3444_9.jpg

That is beautiful weapon and the attached tag is a bonus for sure, always wanted on of these in the collection but so far none found...

WWIIBuff1945

Thinking about doing a book on them as I am an author. Just like Edward Tinkers series on veteran bringbacks.

I've been kicking around some titles and I like these two a friend came up with "USGI Enemy Bring-Back Pistols of WWII"

or "Souvenir Enemy Weapons Pistols of WWII"

• 2 weeks later...
WWIIBuff1945

Thanks Ron I started on the book last week.

I also received the pistol today and its really nice. I can see why the vet scratched his name on the outside and wrote his name ans serial number as well! I having trouble researching the vet as there are 19 William C. Hicks listed in the National Archives and none from what I believe is his hometown. I'm seeing 3714205_ The last could be an A but that is not working for the search neither does adding 0-9. Any thoughts would be appreciated? Thanks.

post-158759-0-29818500-1555343983_thumb.jpg

WWIIBuff1945

Thanks guys! I took the holster outside in the light and the last number is 0. Still don't know why he is not showing up in the Archives records?

manayunkman

Because history has so many variables and is not an exact science you are forced into doing more research to set the record straight.

Thinking about doing a book on them as I am an author. Just like Edward Tinkers series on veteran bringbacks.

I've been kicking around some titles and I like these two a friend came up with "USGI Enemy Bring-Back Pistols of WWII"

or "Souvenir Enemy Weapons Pistols of WWII"

How about "War Trophies: GI Captured Pistols of World War II"

Garandomatic

There has been more than one occasion where a guy I was researching didn't turn up in an online search. In two cases, I had a hunch and a laundry mark and set Geoff at Golden Arrow to work and he was able to not only find the records, but confirm my ID.