Sign in to follow this  
WWIIBuff1945

Femaru M37 GI Bringback!

I found this beauty on Legacy Collectables website. It all matching including the magazine. They rate the finish at 92-93% and the bore 9/10. It has an interesting bring back tag. This is only my second tagged one and its different that my other. The GI put his initials on the holster. I don't have any additional info at this time as its hard to read the vets name and its missing a number or two on his serial number. A nice Femaru has been on my want list for some time and the matching mag was a plus. They sure take some nice clear pictures so you know exactly what your buying!

img_3444_9.jpg

Wow thats nice!....mike

Always looking for and buying 50's era 11th Airborne/ 187th ARCT/ 82nd Airborne tac mark painted jump helmets!

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2017.gif

You must be keeping Legacy Collectibles in business:)

That is beautiful weapon and the attached tag is a bonus for sure, always wanted on of these in the collection but so far none found...

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

I only wish I had the money to buy some! Let us know when your museum opens:).

Ron

LOL Ron!!! Good one and true.......

Thinking about doing a book on them as I am an author. Just like Edward Tinkers series on veteran bringbacks.

I've been kicking around some titles and I like these two a friend came up with "USGI Enemy Bring-Back Pistols of WWII"

or "Souvenir Enemy Weapons Pistols of WWII"

Thanks Ron I started on the book last week.

I also received the pistol today and its really nice. I can see why the vet scratched his name on the outside and wrote his name ans serial number as well! I having trouble researching the vet as there are 19 William C. Hicks listed in the National Archives and none from what I believe is his hometown. I'm seeing 3714205_ The last could be an A but that is not working for the search neither does adding 0-9. Any thoughts would be appreciated? Thanks.

post-158759-0-29818500-1555343983_thumb.jpg

Great M37.

THey are a very quality made pistol.

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Thanks guys! I took the holster outside in the light and the last number is 0. Still don't know why he is not showing up in the Archives records?

Because history has so many variables and is not an exact science you are forced into doing more research to set the record straight.

donation2013.gif

Thinking about doing a book on them as I am an author. Just like Edward Tinkers series on veteran bringbacks.

I've been kicking around some titles and I like these two a friend came up with "USGI Enemy Bring-Back Pistols of WWII"

or "Souvenir Enemy Weapons Pistols of WWII"

How about "War Trophies: GI Captured Pistols of World War II"

Gil Burket
Omaha, NE
Specializing in Fakes and Reproductions
of the Vietnam War

burkcats@hotmail.com

"One is easily fooled by that which one loves."

Moliere: Tartuffe

donation2017.gif

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

There has been more than one occasion where a guy I was researching didn't turn up in an online search. In two cases, I had a hunch and a laundry mark and set Geoff at Golden Arrow to work and he was able to not only find the records, but confirm my ID.

Looking for the following:

452nd and 447th Bomb Group items

Anything 12th Armored- especially uniforms

155th Assault Helicopter Company, Camp Coryell, or Ban Me Thuot Vietnam items[/center]

WWII US Navy Uniforms from the Battle Off Samar: USS Johnston DD-557, USS Hoel DD-553, USS Samuel B. Roberts DE-413, USS Heermann DD-532, USS Dennis DE-405, USS John C. Butler DE-339, USS Raymond DE-341, USS Fanshaw Bay St. Lo, White Plains, Kalinin Bay, Kitkun Bay and Gambier Bay...

donation2011.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2019.gif