Does anyone have any original Vietnam era local made 101st ABN patches to share?

gwb123

I recently referred our members to a thread I wrote about reproduction Vietnam era 101st ABN patches.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/279943-angry-birds-a-selection-of-questionable-vietnam-era-101st-patches/

One of our members asked if I had any original patches I could show for comparison.

So if anyone has one they would like to share, please feel free to add it here. Thank you!

Thank you Bob. Is the one on the lower left an applique version? The others look embroidered.

Was told this one was Vietnam vintage

Late 60s early 70s for sure, but U.S. made fully embroidered merrowed edge :D These were indeed worn In Country these new merrowed edge Screaming Eagle patches, oh starting around late 68 say.

post-4361-0-99353300-1554520626.jpegpost-4361-0-42911200-1554520619.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

One of the Rarest of all the interwar 101st patches I think the last one I sold went for 800 or 900 dollars..It is one used when the 101st was Headquartered in Wisconsin great patch.Scotty

Wow!

Thanks Scotty! I didn’t know that.. all along I thought it was a newly made rendition of a 101st patch or a Vietnam type with chain stitching. I never gave it a second thought.

In looking at it now, I should have realized it was something else... nice wool felt, black cheesecloth backing, no glue, no glow.

• 2 years later...