My first acquisition

EEMueller

I finally pulled the trigger (so to speak...) and bought my first knife. Thanks to those who gave advice, and steered me to places to do my research. Now, on to the next one!

post-220813-0-06422500-1554318975_thumb.jpg

A good one to start out with! I know many collectors still missing a complete example in their collections. Congratulations!

Agree, it's a nice original....Does look however like the blade has been polished/cleaned.....Should have a factory blackened finish....Nice to see the scabbard has it's prongs though, as they are often missing one or both....Bodes

Great purchase. It took me a long time to find one of those at a price I could afford. Do I see initials to the right of the 1918 date? Are those initials on the scabbard somewhere?

People who helped you get this knife are not your friends...

If they were, they would have warned you that collecting fighting knives is the worst type of addiction.

Seriously though, very nice example - congrats

Great purchase. It took me a long time to find one of those at a price I could afford. Do I see initials to the right of the 1918 date? Are those initials on the scabbard somewhere?

The handle is stamped "2 HQ" on both sides, but not on the scabbard. And, unfortunately, the Au Lion logo has been severely degraded by repeated removal and insertion into the scabbard. The inside ridge at the top of the scabbard matches perfectly with the rub marks. You can still feel the resistance when you pull the knife.