MasonK

Ten years ago........

Ten years ago, my wife gave me the OK to use our upstairs sitting room to display my collection. It's grown a tad since then, to include another area of collecting.

Thought I would share some then and now photos.

Would love to see others post the same of their collection!

post-29885-0-78877600-1554311936_thumb.jpg

post-29885-0-83500300-1554311941_thumb.jpg

post-29885-0-23048700-1554311946_thumb.jpg

Eric

ASMIC #5492

Are you a militaria collector in PA, NJ or DE? If so, please feel free to join my "Delaware Valley Militaria Collectors" page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/MilitariaCollectorsOfDelawareValley#!/groups/DELVALMILITARIA/

Check me out on Instagram @philly_militaria_collector

donation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gif

Nice room. Are those Star Wars action figures on the shelf!?

Wanted: Missouri Medals

I am always in search of Missouri Medals and Items. This could be anything from WW1, WW2, Prisoners of War, Ephemera, or anything pertaining to Missourians.

I thank you for your time and consideration.

-Without a witness, they just disappear.-

donation2020.gif

Nice room. Are those Star Wars action figures on the shelf!?

Thanks! Yes, sir....I collect modern and vintage.

post-29885-0-43352600-1554313096_thumb.jpg

Eric

ASMIC #5492

Are you a militaria collector in PA, NJ or DE? If so, please feel free to join my "Delaware Valley Militaria Collectors" page on Facebook:

https://www.facebook.com/MilitariaCollectorsOfDelawareValley#!/groups/DELVALMILITARIA/

I really like how you display the helmets and insignia on the rounded shelves in the corner.

Bob Davis
Secretary, Arizona Chapter, The Orders and Medals Research Society
ASMIC Member #5364, OVMS Member #11939
US Army Infantry 2001-2009, OIF/OEF Veteran

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Nicely staged and uncluttered. The neutral Berber and accent wall colors look good for your display room. (I like the Star Wars figures, too-- they remind me of my $2 original, rolled "Revenge of the Jedi" movie poster I bought about a dozen years ago in the Hollywood Hills along with some others in a box at an estate sale, one of the few I've gone to. The original Rocketeer and Ghost Busters ones were also cool. I was told that the deceased guy had a bit part in Gettysburg, and there were several of those.)

Beautiful collection. I love about everything you have especially the Type 99 (or is it a type 38?) Japanese rifle. Is the 101st Ike named? Is the medic helmet legit? They are all so expensive now. I'm only asking that because most of those that show up here seem to be faked.

Nicely done. I am always looking for display ideas.

I am in the process of cleaning out my front living room and converting it into my War Room Number 2. Everything that did not fit into my War Room Number 1 went into my daughter's room once she moved away.

Did not take any before pics. Hope to be posting on the Forum soon the updates.

I really like how you display the helmets and insignia on the rounded shelves in the corner.

Very professional

Looks great. Nice before and even nicer now!

Thanks, gentlemen! I appreciate the kind words and feedback! I'm a bit anal retentive, and can't handle the cluttered look, so this works well for me.

Eric

ASMIC #5492

Nicely staged and uncluttered. The neutral Berber and accent wall colors look good for your display room. (I like the Star Wars figures, too-- they remind me of my $2 original, rolled "Revenge of the Jedi" movie poster I bought about a dozen years ago in the Hollywood Hills along with some others in a box at an estate sale, one of the few I've gone to. The original Rocketeer and Ghost Busters ones were also cool. I was told that the deceased guy had a bit part in Gettysburg, and there were several of those.)

Thank you, sir. I have to give credit to my wife for the colors!

The Star Wars started as a side hobby, picking up pieces here and there, trying to relive my childhood. It's starting to creep up, and I find myself adding more Star Wars than militaria nowadays.

That Revenge poster must've been a helluva find! They're not common by any means, which I'm sure you know.

Eric

ASMIC #5492

Beautiful collection. I love about everything you have especially the Type 99 (or is it a type 38?) Japanese rifle. Is the 101st Ike named? Is the medic helmet legit? They are all so expensive now. I'm only asking that because most of those that show up here seem to be faked.

Thanks, Sundance! Much appreciated.

The rifle is a Type 38, and was brought back by my wife's great uncle who served in the Navy. I posted it on the forum a few years back (starts at post #10).

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/166591-family-bring-backs/

The 101st Ike is named, and behind it is his Jump Jacket. I've posted the entire group, which is fairly extensive, on the forum here:

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/227870-father-wwii-101st-ab-son-vn-usaf-grouping/

Lastly, the medic helmet was a reproduction, or at least the paint was. Shell was an original WWII era fixed loop, and liner a WWII era CAPAC. I purchased it for about $40 off of eBay around the time I first started collecting. Fairly certain it was an EasyGreen. I no longer have it in the collection.

Eric

ASMIC #5492

My brother also collects the action figures you have. He took a clear plastic baseball bat display box and turned it horizontal to hold his figures. It looks really nice and protects them from dust. I like the rest of your collection too. Nice job!

WANTED: I collect materials of any age related to the US Army Quartermaster Corps and from the long-defunct Commissary / Subsistence Corps. Anything goes and it doesn't have to be identified to a vet. If it's weird or unusual, please PM me! ASMIC #5650

Nicely done. I am always looking for display ideas.

I am in the process of cleaning out my front living room and converting it into my War Room Number 2. Everything that did not fit into my War Room Number 1 went into my daughter's room once she moved away.

Did not take any before pics. Hope to be posting on the Forum soon the updates.

Thanks! It's tough deciding what to display. I have quite a bit more in storage, but not enough room to show it all. I really try to thin out as much as I can, but some items I just can't part with. I try to rotate new items in every few months or so to keep it fresh.

Sounds like you have a good plan, though. Look forward to seeing the finished product!

Eric

ASMIC #5492

My brother also collects the action figures you have. He took a clear plastic baseball bat display box and turned it horizontal to hold his figures. It looks really nice and protects them from dust. I like the rest of your collection too. Nice job!

Thanks!

A lot of collectors are doing this, and it looks really sharp. I had already mounted the shelf before finding out about the baseball bat shadow box.

post-29885-0-76341300-1554322196_thumb.jpg

What I would really like to do is a cardback display like in the photo below. Have a friend who is a sign fabricator, and could do the backing. Would just need to add the shelves.

My only dilemma is lack of wall space. Hoping to do something like this in our next home.

post-29885-0-05363100-1554322205_thumb.jpg

Eric

ASMIC #5492

Eric,

Happy Anniversary.. The exhibits and artifacts look great.. I still have a lot of Star Wars vehicles in their original boxes.. In storage right now.. Not sure what I will do with them....

Leigh

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

I always wanted a medic helmet since my dad was a medic in the Pacific in WW2. I could never swing an original so I painted the medic symbol (X4) on a period helmet I purchased cheap. I would never try to pass it off as an original and I don't think anyone would be fooled even if I did. Ironically, to my knowledge, medics in the Pacific didn't wear helmets with the red cross as it was just a target. Anyway, I like it and I like yours.

Eric,

Happy Anniversary.. The exhibits and artifacts look great.. I still have a lot of Star Wars vehicles in their original boxes.. In storage right now.. Not sure what I will do with them....

Leigh

Thanks, Smitty!

I assume the Star Wars are all yours from when you were a kid? Sounds like a nice time capsule you have there! Would love to see photos if you ever get a chance to access them. May be interested in purchasing or a trade, if that's something you might be thinking of...

Eric

ASMIC #5492

Thanks, Smitty!

I assume the Star Wars are all yours from when you were a kid? Sounds like a nice time capsule you have there! Would love to see photos if you ever get a chance to access them. May be interested in purchasing or a trade, if that's something you might be thinking of...

Eric,

I will keep you in mind...

Best regards..

Leigh

"Pain is only Weakness Leaving the Body"

MSG Leigh E Smith Jr
US Army (Retired)

donation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gif

Thank you, sir. I have to give credit to my wife for the colors!

The Star Wars started as a side hobby, picking up pieces here and there, trying to relive my childhood. It's starting to creep up, and I find myself adding more Star Wars than militaria nowadays.

That Revenge poster must've been a helluva find! They're not common by any means, which I'm sure you know.

Thank you, sir. I give credit to you for letting her pick the colors. Happy wife, happy life. (the opposite is NOT an option, right?) I like Star Wars a lot (who wouldn't) but all I knew when I saw that poster was that was not the right movie title. I was happy when I got home and found out what I had. The guy was a civil war collector, and worked in the movie business. I also picked up these books. I like the way you've displayed the Star Wars figures. I wish they made bigger bat cases, that would work for the 12 inch figures. Any suggestions on displaying the larger figures so they don't collect dust-- short of finding a big old display case with sliding doors and local pickup?

post-18406-0-89818100-1554411815_thumb.jpg

Thank you, sir. I give credit to you for letting her pick the colors. Happy wife, happy life. (the opposite is NOT an option, right?) I like Star Wars a lot (who wouldn't) but all I knew when I saw that poster was that was not the right movie title. I was happy when I got home and found out what I had. The guy was a civil war collector, and worked in the movie business. I also picked up these books. I like the way you've displayed the Star Wars figures. I wish they made bigger bat cases, that would work for the 12 inch figures. Any suggestions on displaying the larger figures so they don't collect dust-- short of finding a big old display case with sliding doors and local pickup?

Agreed! Sounds and looks like it was an awesome estate sale!

The 12 figures are tough. If you have other items to display, the Detolf display cabinets (IKEA) work well, and the dust doesnt accumulate nearly as much as an open shelf. I keep meaning to pickup a rubber seal that works with the cabinet to seal where the door meets. Supposed to work really well at keeping dust out.

Eric

ASMIC #5492

I immediately saw the Wampa then the Dewback and thought the force is strong with this one!

Looking for anything related to Army Ranger Battalions from World War II

Eric, thanks for the tip on the Ikea display cabinets. They look good and I'll check them out in person. May the Force continue to be working for your collection!