Shortly after arriving at Ft Dix N. J. in the early 70's for basic training , I recall and still have in my possession my original duffle bag. Funny thing is, that I was so nervous while hand stenciling my name/ssn (with a black permanent marker I might add), that I misspelled my own name. The DI's had a field day with that.

Molan Labe

Thats funny, those were the days. Ft Campbell the summer of 71 was hot,very hot. Remember eating salt tablets till you had white sweat stains?

"The true Soldier fights not because he hates what is in front of him, but because he loves what is behind him" G.K. Chesterton

"A people that values it's privileges above its principles will soon lose both" D.D. Eisenhower

donation2009.gifdonation2011.gifdonation2012.gif

donation2017.gif

ha-ha! I remember my first week at Ft Polk in May 1975. Running through the line getting our "free" issue of clothing, when he handed me my 2 pairs of boots across the counter, I questioned whether they would fit or not. Within seconds, I knew I should not have asked that question! The supply sergeant jumped my a$$ and humiliated me in from of everyone! I ended up being his slave the rest of the day!!

A member of this fine site since December 16, 2006....Member # 60

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gif
donation2011.gifdonation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif