Nervous or what!

usoverlord

Shortly after arriving at Ft Dix N. J. in the early 70's for basic training , I recall and still have in my possession my original duffle bag. Funny thing is, that I was so nervous while hand stenciling my name/ssn (with a black permanent marker I might add), that I misspelled my own name. The DI's had a field day with that.

dave peifer

i'll bet they did,i still remember the reception station at ft knox "welcome to the united states army"...……...that was jan 27 1972

Thats funny, those were the days. Ft Campbell the summer of 71 was hot,very hot. Remember eating salt tablets till you had white sweat stains?

ha-ha! I remember my first week at Ft Polk in May 1975. Running through the line getting our "free" issue of clothing, when he handed me my 2 pairs of boots across the counter, I questioned whether they would fit or not. Within seconds, I knew I should not have asked that question! The supply sergeant jumped my a$$ and humiliated me in from of everyone! I ended up being his slave the rest of the day!!