Colonial knife help please!

Costa

guys, I have this beautiful Colonial Prov. R.I.--- USN hallmarked knife. it matches up perfectly to Coles book. the knife is extreme mint!!!! the leather scabbard is just as nice, super. thing is----- DO I HAVE A VERY WELL MADE TOTAL REPRO OR THE REAL THING??? I am asking due to the mint condition of the entire item. thanks again.

post-73-0-17522600-1554143829.jpg

post-73-0-53115500-1554143860.jpg

It is a repo. USN on wrong side. See Cole III, pg. 78, No. 11. They reversed the markings on the reproductions.

From Frank's website:

The Colonial Page

Listed here is the Colonial Mark 1, it is a very good example of a newly produced knife that is very accurate to the original. You have to know the originals to tell them apart. The only difference from the first model originals is the markings are reversed onto the opposite tangs. The scabbard is a modern made version as well. This one can fool even the experts who don't look closely.

post-165606-0-21516600-1554146180.jpg

post-165606-0-01873900-1554146194.jpg

You are welcome. I never can remember the correct sides for the markings, I have to go to Cole III or Frank's site every time.

It's actually a good knife, I have one and keep it my truck. Use it often wearing hiking, fishing and other outdoor excursions.

Yes I bought one years back at a gun show knowing it was a remake by the present owners of Colonial, and the seller did too. Far price and a good knife. I also learned that they are using the same material for the handle, although I expect that the exact formulation has evolved over the years. Eastman tenite, same stuff used in Beckwith sheaths.