Jungle Jacket with Special Forces patch ghosts

KommandoPost

KommandoPost

I got this today. Unfortunately the photos on the listing I bought it from made it look dyed black but it's clearly a lot greener than that.

1_front-6-817x960.jpg

There are some very interesting patch ghosts on the shoulder:

SF_abn-540x960.jpg

I'm guessing the tabs would be "Airborne" and "Ranger".

And there's this ballistic looking pattern of holes on the back:

shrapnel-1073x960.jpg

Could the jacket have been dyed or spray painted at any time? The material seems dark in places but it's almost indistiguishable from the normal light effects on cloth.

The tags also seem a bit dark:

size_tag-551x960.jpg

contractor_tag-868x960.jpg

Don't worry I have no intention of trying to restore it at all.

SF were still using these jungle shirts well into the 1980s. Defiantly Airborne and Ranger tabs. I don't see any indication of dye in the photos

KommandoPost

SF were still using these jungle shirts well into the 1980s. Defiantly Airborne and Ranger tabs. I don't see any indication of dye in the photos

If it had been dyed, the tags would probably be black also.

Here are comparisons of it with a mint condition sample:

tag_comparison1-832x960.jpg

tag_comparison2-1140x570.jpg

And here is one of the original listing images that initially made me think it was dyed black:

il_fullxfull.1743817945_ndyv.jpg

The others show it in the same light/filter conditions.

The photo from the listing looks like it was taken with a flash. That can distort colors.

But in looking at what was listed, I am wondering if the jacket you received is the same one. Looking at where threads are pulled and there is wear to the material, the one you received appears to be in better condition.

For example, look at the level of contrast in the color of the fabric where the US Army tape used to be. It looks a lot more pronounced on the listed item.

KommandoPost

The photo from the listing looks like it was taken with a flash. That can distort colors.

But in looking at what was listed, I am wondering if the jacket you received is the same one. Looking at where threads are pulled and there is wear to the material, the one you received appears to be in better condition.

For example, look at the level of contrast in the color of the fabric where the US Army tape used to be. It looks a lot more pronounced on the listed item.

The writing on the tag is in the same position though.

post-157261-0-67502000-1554062334_thumb.jpg