11th Airborne Jump Wings

Hello, what do you think about this occupation made Jump Wing? Its in rough shape so I'm having trouble authenticating it. It came with this 457th DI so I'm hoping its legit. Thank you!

post-163178-0-72875900-1553888481_thumb.jpg

triplecanopy

WOW! It is pretty chewed up, but I am going out on a limb and give you my opinion. I think it is good. It compares closely with a known real one that I have. The base of the pin looks like it was the correct pinch type and the catch must have been the C type (not much left). It looks faintly like there are some letters on the back, but it is very hard to make out. Other than being really rough, I think you have an original.

It looks faintly like there are some letters on the back, but it is very hard to make out.

Thank you! I thought the same thing when I first got it in hand. I looked over the reverse with a magnifying glass and theres just a ton of scratches and dings.

I agree with Triplecanopy that this is a genuine 11th Abn Div Japanese made occupation paratrooper wing. This wing has been copied but what convinced me was the remnants of the base portion of the tongue catch. Below is an original one but marked SILVER. You find these wings with and without the incised SILVER.

post-1389-0-07099300-1553899108.jpg

post-1389-0-65676900-1553899122.jpg

Here is the copy that collectors need to worry about. You can see that it is cast and they use a US made pin back assembly.

post-1389-0-29543700-1553899264_thumb.jpg

Beautiful wings guys! This must be the saltiest wing of this variation in existence. I'm going to end up selling it though, I'm not really a 11th Airborne collector and I think someone else will get more enjoyment out of it. I really appreciate the help!!!