1/35 Scale GIs and Moroccan Goumiers in Italy

Old Marine

Staying with the Italian campaign, this is another small vignette. Two 3rd Division GIs meet a group of Moroccan Goumiers on one of the mountain trails in Italy.

The Moroccans are from the old 1970s Heller kit. The GIs are kit bashed together from the parts box. The GI figures are a mix of DML, Tamiya, Resin, and Hornet heads.

Here are some photos. Thanks for looking

Dennis

Here is a link to my other Italian Campaign vignette.

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/324784-mauldin-inspired-medic-mule-figures/

post-2843-0-24343700-1553699340_thumb.jpg

Proud Kraut

Another superb vignette! The 3rd Inf Div soldier's uniforms and the coats of the Moroccans look uber-realistic. I second that what manayunkman posted regarding the base! TOP!

Another masterpiece Dennis. This vignette just flows. The groundwork is excellent, the uniforms and the supplies on the donkey are spot on.

The way you describe the kitbashing of the US soldiers it would seem like you have a Frankenstein's version of body parts box. I know because I have the same thing.

I do have one question: What is the donkey's name? :rolleyes:

Semper Fi.

Manny

Thank you all for the nice comments.

Manny,

Here is Dr. Frankenstein's box of parts. Over the years you can collect a lot of extras.

post-2843-0-86938100-1553903338_thumb.jpg

Thanks for posting this. Well done! Very ambitious painting all the vertical lines on the Goumiers' coats but you pulled it off nicely.

Tom