how many gaskets does the TL-22 flashlight have?

BOLO

when they issued the WWII TL-122 flashlight, did it originally have gaskets to help seal it from water?

would there have been two gaskets on the lens piece one for the glass piece and one to seal the metal bulb piece?

and one for the bottom piece

when they issued the WWII TL-122 flashlight, did it originally have gaskets to help seal it from water?

would there have been two gaskets on the lens piece one for the glass piece and one to seal the metal bulb piece?

Of all of mine only one has a gasket on the bottom piece.

Ray

I've got a pretty extensive collection of TL-122s. I'm visiting my family for the holidays, but when i get home, i'll check for you.

-Durandal

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I've consulted my collection. None of my 122As have gaskets, and though some of the Bs do, I suspect they were added by the original owners as I understand the difference between the B and C models was that the C was waterproof, while the B was not. My C and D models have 3 gaskets, as you describe: 2 on the lens, and one on the base compartment. The lens gaskets appear variably on both sides of the lens, or on either side of the metal reflector.

Cheers,

Durandal