All for Victory Poster, Switchboard Operator 1942

nchistory

Any help with this poster is greatly appreciated. It belonged to my father and hung in his office for many years. All for Victory, Switchboard Operator 1942. Not sure of artist name, but photo posted.

post-153086-0-58878600-1553460996.jpg

I am thinking that this was a wartime "motivational/patriotic" poster that was commissioned by the company for the CT&T operators, or possibly a telephone operators union, and then later framed up and presented as an award of service. Good luck in your research!

I am thinking that this was a wartime "motivational/patriotic" poster that was commissioned by the company for the CT&T operators, or possibly a telephone operators union, and then later framed up and presented as an award of service. Good luck in your research!

I agree, but it is kind of odd as the individual's corporate service was at least 14 years after WWII.

Maybe they had it hanging there and knew he liked it. I would have been all over that if I found it at work.

That is a great poster and one I have never seen before. I think Mr Jerry is right about its origins. Should be fun to research. Maybe reach out to the phone company in Carolina, they may have some info on the poster in their corporate archives.

The recipient was my father. It always was in his office, the new frame and plaque was added when he retired. CT&T was in Rocky Mount, NC, was later bought out by Sprint in the 90's. It appears the artist was FREDERICK SANDS BRUNNER (American, 1886-1954) He appears to have done different posters during WW2. This is a telephone operator, I saw a similar one sold on Ebay years ago. I used to have a photo of him with this in background, I'll look.

My Dad on right handing out a service award (watch) to one of his employees. This sometime in the 1970's and you can see the poster in background in different frame.

post-153086-0-39435200-1553895442.jpg

mars&thunder

Strikes me this is more of a print than a poster. When people say poster in the context of WWII, I think of something with government/official sanction. This seems more of a privately produced or locally commissioned work.