WWII Demolition Bag

WWII_GI

After seeing the bag TheGrayGhost posted last week I figured I'd go ahead and post some pictures of my bag for reference. I picked this one up a few months ago and I'm very happy to have it in my collection, I have it displayed on a late war paratrooper mannequin that I'm slowly putting together.

I believe this is the later style of the demolition bags, it has the smaller stamped front buckles. I'm amazed with how nice it is, must've never been issued!

-Steven

post-104606-0-23939300-1553226978.jpgpost-104606-0-95381500-1553226987.jpg

TheGrayGhost

Congrats on finding a very nice and rare bag! This bag is a part of the early war demolition set. The bag I posted is the “small” bag which would have a metal box inside designed to hold tools, fuses and other supplies. The bag you have here is the “large” bag designed to hold 20 blocks of 1/2lb TNT.

Congrats on finding a very nice and rare bag! This bag is a part of the early war demolition set. The bag I posted is the “small” bag which would have a metal box inside designed to hold tools, fuses and other supplies. The bag you have here is the “large” bag designed to hold 20 blocks of 1/2lb TNT.

Ah awesome, I was not aware that there were two sizes, quite an interesting piece of gear. Thanks for the info!

-Steven