Coming up at an auction, no idea.

Auction house selling these WW1 helmets, no liners but some painted and look real rough. I am not a helmet guy, but was always interested in getting one. I do not want to get burnt, comments appreciated as to what these would be priced as a fair deal. There are many but a few are painted, and some of the pics a " Z" stamp is visible, but not in my hand for inspection.post-180924-0-35217100-1553121267_thumb.jpeg

Both look fine to me, the first is for the 1st infantry division and the 2nd is for the 91st infantry division

What would you pay for one of these "relics"?

dhcoleterracina

I wouldn't think any should go over $100 based on condition. #3 looks like a Brodie helmet to my eye. If you want to feel secure then check out Bay State, they usually have some.

The 33rd is in roughly shape, I would think maybe 60-70. The other two painted I would think 70-100 tops. I see these only eBay without the liners not going for too much. To most WW1 helmet collectors the liners are fairly important and play a decent role on the price. Along with having an intact chinstrap

i have a 33rd division lid that i had paid $65 for in 2018, and a 91st for $100 also in 2018. Both of mine also do not have liners. I would recommend staying away from anything more than like $150 for most ww1 helmets. the painted ones like these come up fairly priced every once in a while