H&R Reising Model 60 - .45 ACP - An interesting piece of history

THREEDFLYER

When I joined LAPD in 1981, I was told by several old-timers that the Department had a bunch of these stashed-away (somewhere). The story was that the Army hated the weapon and gave a lot if them to police departments.

Never saw one though.

THREEDFLYER

I can tell you from my experience that when firing this weapon each of the three magazines malfunctioned causeing many hang ups with feeding. Could maybe get 2-4 shots off before a jam.......overall a well made firearm but would not want my life depending on this one in a combat situation!!!

Some of you may be confusing the full auto Model 50 / M50 - with the gun in this thread - which is a Model 60 / M60 - which is semi automatic and hard to find in the wild.

THREEDFLYER - how was it? Never actually had one in hand, just have read about them.

THREEDFLYER

Some of you may be confusing the full auto Model 50 / M50 - with the gun in this thread - which is a Model 60 / M60 - which is semi automatic and hard to find in the wild.

THREEDFLYER - how was it? Never actually had one in hand, just have read about them.

To be honest other than the feeding issue the weapon was comfortable to shoot and seemed very accurate.

I am sure someone could work out the trouble with the feeding.......

The gun has a mixture of blued and parkerized parts......and appears to have been through an arsenal rebuild at some point in time. But a very clever piece of equipment.

IMG-2213.jpg

IMG-2216.jpg

IMG-2217.jpg

IMG-2214.jpg

IMG-2220.jpg

IMG-2221.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

Reisings can be temperamental especially if mix mashing parts and take some some work to be reliable once parts are changed . They were a little more finely produced than you average GI gun (think sporting arms company). When disassembled and parts mixed you can get into some issues.

Looks like the mag well have been replaced and the catch looks funny. A good chance your feeding issues will be focused around this.

The M50 or M55 are closed bolt full auto guns. Shoot very well but are certainly more sensitive to dirt and mud than other contemporary SMGs

Ron