China Marine Display

I used this past weekend's Baltimore Antique Arms show to try my hand at doing a China Marine display. I was able to augment the display with some fine pieces from another forum members collection. Tried to work within the 8 foot long table restriction and found it doable. Although I had to cut back on what I bought. The venue was perfect to do a display and the those well established collectors /dealers around me were happy to share their advice and guidance. I also got a number of good contacts out of the event. If I do it next year, I can keep the same theme but perhaps concentrate on just Shanghai, Peking, Tientsin, or post-war. Lastly, the show yielded some amazing finds and good bargains that my table partner was able to seize on as he patrolled the building.

IMG_6806.JPG

IMG_6760.JPG

IMG_6761.JPG

Always looking for items associated with the China Marines! Visit chinamarine.org

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Awesome display Dirk!!!!

donation2012.gif

Always looking for quality WWI and WWII USMC items. Particularly 4th Marine Brigade related items, medals, uniforms helmets ephemera, Also WWII USMC items including uniforms, medals, etc. to combat veterans especially Guadalcanal, Tarawa, Iwo Jima. Let me know what you have. Semper Fi

Great looking display, Dirk! Semper Fi! Bob

donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Exceptional job! Would have stopped me in my tracks. Thanks for sharing Dirk. Kevin

I am eagerly collecting Pre-WWII USMC material. Any Marine Corps Span Am era, WWI, Banana Wars, or China Marine related material is especially sought after.

donation2015.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2019.gif

Thanks guys! The show is held in a large building called the cow palace.....the place holds 1000 sales tables so it is big.

Always looking for items associated with the China Marines! Visit chinamarine.org

Thanks all! D so right about the planning and tear down...hopefully I will remember to adopt the lessons learned!

Dirk,
It was awesome to be a part of it with you. You are on your way to becoming a "seasoned" show guy, a regular ol' BobGee! The display was magnificent and the comments from those passing by matched. It is hard to make a dent in the "gun show" when it comes to recognition of a display such as this, but maybe we can grow it next year? I just need to stop selling my stuff!

Maybe we can get the Gunny and the USMC Historical bubbas to dress the part of the China Marine and hang around for a full immersion experience?! Bring in a rickshaw for kids rides? Serve up some UB? My ideas are endless.... !

S/F,

Mike

Mike Manifor
Buying and selling Military Antiques. Specializing in hat and collar insignia (EGAs) of the USMC.
Top dollar paid.
info@eagleglobeandanchor.com
My website:www.eagleglobeandanchor.com

Visit my EGA reference section: http://www.eagleglobeandanchor.com/EGA_Reference_Section.html

donation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif

Dirk,

It was awesome to be a part of it with you. You are on your way to becoming a "seasoned" show guy, a regular ol' BobGee! The display was magnificent and the comments from those passing by matched. It is hard to make a dent in the "gun show" when it comes to recognition of a display such as this, but maybe we can grow it next year? I just need to stop selling my stuff!

Maybe we can get the Gunny and the USMC Historical bubbas to dress the part of the China Marine and hang around for a full immersion experience?! Bring in a rickshaw for kids rides? Serve up some UB? My ideas are endless.... !

S/F,

Mike

LMAO !

"I have only two men out of my company and 20 out of some other company. We need support, but it is almost suicide to try to get it here as we are swept by machine gun fire and constant barrage is on us. I have no one on my left and only a few on my right. I will hold." (Message sent by 1st Lt. Clifton B. Cates. USMC, 96th Co., Soissons, 19 July 1918 - later 19th Commandant of the Marine Corps 1948-1952)

Thanks guys! Watching Mike work a show is indeed a humbling experience....I have been going to that show for years and yet in the first few hours Mike uncovered some amazing stuff from a number of sellers that I would have missed. Yes we should combine displays and bring in Gunny's team for effect....maybe bringing in that rickshaw might take us over the top next year :)

Are you in BobGee?....you have a few Show pieces I think ;)

I don't know much about the China Marines so checked out your website. Lots of interesting stuff there. Just took a quick look but now have it bookmarked. Always looking to learn new things. Thanks!

Mikie

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

• 2 weeks later...