HGU-56/P and CSU-13B/P

majormadmax

majormadmax

Well, I finally scored a near-pristine HGU-56/P at a great price ($350) during a recent TDY. It was made in 6/15 and has a mic and a ANVIS Interface Quick Disconnect Kit, as well as a Super Comfort Liner (SCL). The internals are also in great shape. Initially the visors on the helmet were not the smoothest. Both tend to get stuck in the up position, and require some wrangling to slide down. They have gotten slightly better since being manipulated a bit, but they are still not as smooth as I'd like them to be.

I would like to find an ANVIS mount for it, and possibly a maxillofacial shield, to "spruce" it up a bit.

I also found a pair of CSU-13B/P in my size (large/long) also in practically new condition for only $49. I actually tried it on and it fit without relacing it. I wish I had a way to inflate it othern than simply blowing air into the hose; but that is about all I can do at the moment. As I picked up a SRU-21/P so I've added both to an old flight suit I have from my days with the 81 TFW at RAF Bentwaters/Woodbridge. I would like to get a full-size mannequin so I could add the camouflaged HGU-26/P I got from 72psb off this forum a few months back. I've stuck a MBU-20/P mask on it for the time being, but I need to find a MBU-5/P one as it would be more correct for the time period (early-to-mid 1980s).

Cheers! M2

post-181779-0-72427100-1553006329_thumb.jpg

post-181779-0-94632100-1553006480_thumb.jpg