Got my holy grail, original WWII small demolition bag

TheGrayGhost

TheGrayGhost

After years of watching for one of these guys, I was finally able to pick one up. Condition is a little rough, but no doubt it's original. Wanted to get your guys thoughts on some things.

What do you guys thing X-2P means? Has the name Goddard on the front, written in pencil, original? I have a big concern with the rust, mainly on the large buckle. Some of it is light colored, so I think it is still active, what can I do to take care of this?

post-11017-0-84421700-1552951998.jpeg

Great find! I'm still looking for one of the small bags and its insert to go along with my large bag. As for the X-2P, maybe some sort of unit level inventory or cage number. Looks like it started as a stencil then was finished by hand.

TheGrayGhost

Thanks guys. Best of luck finding your bag, few and far between, but they are out there. Just wish this bag could talk, would sure like to know where it has been!

Very nice bag! That's got a great combat used look, definitely very hard to find in any condition. I was ale to pick one up a few months back, haven't got around to posting it on here yet. Congrats!

-Steven

TheGrayGhost

Great find !! You have to find the insert for now, I mean the metal box.....

Yeah, that seems to be even MORE challenging. I have only seen one picture of one, let alone seen one for sale.

I have a brake press and have considered making one, but I haven't been able to find anyone that has one. If someone has one and would be willing to give me some measurements, that would be fantastic!

• 9 months later...

Thank you so much for the information, this is exactly what I need!

Interesting. It is clear that the box was designed using the metric system, so, the Army must have procured these items from a foreign country. Makes me wonder exactly where the two bag set originated from.

• 2 years later...