Bring Back Japanese Flag and Photo (Warning Graphic Image)

Scarecrow

I recently acquired a large grouping to a Marine Corp Avenger Pilot. When I have a few extra minutes I'll post photos of the entire grouping. In the mean time thought I would post the photo and flag illustrating the unfortunate but sometimes necessary horrors of war. I chased this grouping for over 15 years and it has never been on the market. I acquired the grouping from a friend of mine. Himself a WWII US Navy vet who served on the USS Missouri (story for another day). My friend was very good friends with the Marine pilot, who many years after the war became a Baptist minister. After a while he gave my friend his entire war time grouping because as a minister he no longer wanted to keep the items, as they were a reminder of of what this good Christian man had to do during the war. Anyhow as he told it to my friend, one night on Okinawa he heard some noise outside his tent. He called out who's there? And received a response in Japanese. He then fired a a couple of rounds from his .45 at the silhouette outside his tent, killing one of the Japanese infiltrators. He took this flag off the Japanese that he had killed. It is pretty heavily stained with sweat and blood. I'll let the back of the photo tell the rest of the story.

post-23999-0-11785000-1552862116_thumb.jpgpost-23999-0-74844200-1552862140_thumb.jpgpost-23999-0-35453600-1552862148.jpg

Guys,

Thanks a lot. Your comments are much appreciated. When I have some time I’ll post more items from this huge grouping.