Mauser Model 1914 Bring back with Sweet Heart Grips!

WWIIBuff1945

WWIIBuff1945

I’m feeling very lucky by winning my second auction in 2 days. I found this gun while searching online for German flare guns with capture papers. The live auction was in my state. I have always wanted a capture papered gun with sweetheart grips and now I have one. I’ve never seen anything like this one before as it has two small pictures in the grips. Both are different women so maybe mother and wife? I had my friend Matt do the search as soon as I located the gun. I would still like to know what Division he served in and he will be put on the list for Golden Arrow Research to hopefully find more information. Sorry about the quality of the pictures. The auction site has some kind of block on the pictures. I will post more when I get the gun. Thanks for checking this thread out!

post-158759-0-73490800-1552765962_thumb.jpgpost-158759-0-15714200-1552765994_thumb.jpgpost-158759-0-17684300-1552766020_thumb.jpg

WWIIBuff1945

Singing officer was from the 3515 ordnance medium automotive maintenance company. Its possible Mr Brunson was from that outfit.

Cpl. Punishment

My very first capture papered item was a German flare gun. It is part of a large grouping I got from the vets widows estate. I know the items werent forged as a set because the auctioneer knew nothing about the papers. I found them in a box of papers I had won seperately from the flare gun. I stumbled across a small folded up piece of paper at the bottom of the box with the capture papers to a German Very Pistols (flare type).

Talk about a lucky save/find!

WWIIBuff1945

My very first capture papered item was a German flare gun. It is part of a large grouping I got from the vets widows estate. I know the items werent forged as a set because the auctioneer knew nothing about the papers. I found them in a box of papers I had won seperately from the flare gun. I stumbled across a small folded up piece of paper at the bottom of the box with the capture papers to a German Very Pistols (flare type).

Talk about a lucky save/find!

Interesting story Cpl. Was wondering if the serial numberof the flare gun was on the capture papers? Most are not from what I have seen. I know a dealer who has hundreds of them and most of what he is selling only lists it as a German flare gun. The only serialized one happens to be a rare Luftwaffe one and he wants 1K for it. I'm just looking for an average one.

WWIIBuff1945

Received the gun today and I'm very pleased to have it in my collection. The pictures in the grips are smaller that I thought it was. I placed a dime next it for comparison. I believe that is the correct magazine. Thanks for looking!

post-158759-0-61081600-1553214616_thumb.jpg