Vietnam Blood Cake Flight Suit

smwinter207

That's interesting.

I would if he was attached to the early pre-1965 SOG, or has the patch been mis-identified for years.

Bob

Hard to say.

If that is the veteran then it could shed some light on the patch.Suit made in Danang.Lots of USN/USMC aviation people there.Many others as well

Is the patch more so a generic novelty patch and picked up/adopted by SF or just available as an early Novelty patch? lots of possibilities I guess??

FT.Monmouth1943

Found this on ancestry about him. I think it's possible, if it's his suit, that he may've gotten it as a gift for supporting SF/SOG guys.

- Jakob

post-134998-0-68850500-1552779428_thumb.png

Nice

It’s brushstrokes

The pattern has traits of bulletproof no doubt contrary to bobs belief.

I got rid of my 2 piece suit in this pattern last year.

Monster is rarer in my opinion

Owen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...

Hello. I love the Brush Stroke pattern, especially the Malaysian M70 and the different colorways. I was asking about this particular pattern and was told that the guy named Minh who owns a militaria website, is a fraud and that all his items are fraudulent and that this particular pattern is a fraud. The more questions I asked about rare patterns, the more this guy got pissed off at me and told me that he didn't have time to educate me, that I was just a newbie he didn't have time to waste on. After this, I broke off communication with him. I know this pattern is a real, made-in-Viet-Nam pattern and I'd love to own a boonie or bush/cowboy hat made out of this. Minh told me he had 3 of his cowboy-style bush hats in this pattern, which made me very suspicious that they were really war-time made. He also raised his price from $850 to $925 or $950. Is that a reasonable price for it? Btw, does anyone have a picture of the Monster pattern or pieces made from it? New here. Thanks.

Check your posts in this thread? Does anyone have similar thoughts or experiences with this Vietnamese guy named Minh?

Use the search option

I have posted monster several times

As for Minh he’s free to price with inflation as it’s his property and his site.

Simple economics.

Ok, I did a site-wide search and Monster only came up 3 times and they were from this section, since they were mentioned here. Can someone just post a pic? I'm not worried about Minh and I figured someone would be too diplomatic to agree with me, that his stuff is most likely fake.

Use the search option

I have posted monster several times

As for Minh he’s free to price with inflation as it’s his property and his site.

Simple economics.

You have over 12,000 posts. I'm not going to go page-by-page to try and find it.

vintageproductions

with just a search on monster pattern:

t_read_dot.pngVietnam Blood Cake Flight Suit in CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS
Started by smwinter207, 15 Mar 2019
Last Post by Array, Today, 02:48 PM t_read_dot.pngSmall size camo - youth? in CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS
Started by Stewie60, 05 Mar 2019
Last Post by Array, 06 Mar 2019 t_read_dot.pngWindproof camouflage Nha Trang tailor pattern in CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS
Started by kammo-man, 24 Oct 2017
Last Post by Array, Today, 02:10 PM SOME NEW VIETNAM ACQUISITIONS in CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS
Started by beogam, 24 Mar 2012
Last Post by Array, 18 Jan 2015 t_read_dot.pngARVN ERDL Patterns in CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS
Started by ZigZag1, 14 Sep 2011
Last Post by Array, 21 Sep 2011 t_unread_dot.png Tiger Stripes Part II in CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS
Started by Bob Hudson, 17 Jul 2009
Last Post by Array, 02 Jun 2019 t_locked.png
t_read_dot.pngTiger Stripes in CAMOUFLAGE UNIFORMS
Started by Andrei, 24 Jan 2007
Last Post by Array, 14 Aug 2012

• 9 months later...