“Go For Broke” 442nd RCT CZ 27 Bringback from Hawaii

WWIIBuff1945

WWIIBuff1945

This is only after 5 minutes of rubbing with Big45 cleaner. I'm impressed with the stuff for sure. The pitting is very light so I'm happy with that. I'm going to soak it in Kroil for a few days which will help with the frozen hammer. Then a little more Big45 and it will be about as good as it will get. Overall I'm very satified with the group. I will post a few more final clean up pics in a few days. Thanks for looking.

post-158759-0-55923000-1554220002_thumb.jpgpost-158759-0-85860900-1554220035_thumb.jpg

Glad that seemed to work for you, I was wondering how it would come out. A little oil on that thing when you are all done and it will really look nice again.

Please post updated pics, they very nicely illustrate how you can resurrect some of these treasures from the dead so to speak.

WWIIBuff1945

Thanks its been soaking for 2 days now. I will take it out later today and work on the crevices.

WWIIBuff1945

I took it out of the soaking pan today and rubbed it down again with the Big45. I then wiped it down and there was rust on the rag. It looked pretty clean but decided to soak it for one more day. I'm going to use some fine Bronze wool for the final cleaning tomorrow. I will post the finished pics.

Government Issue

The condition was probably due to the humidity and salt water of Hawaii more than anything else. Makes you wonder what the backstory was on how the veteran acquired it and from whom.

WWIIBuff1945

Absolutely caused by those conditions. Unfortunately the vets grandson had to info on how he acquired it.

Really nice that it cleaned up so well, and great that he sent you the pics too. Truly a silk purse from a sow's ear. Great job on it.