Kachin Rangers Patch

Gerradtgrant

Gerradtgrant

Didn't come up with much in my research as far as the patch is concerned. Learned a lot reading up on the Kachlin Rangers. There seems to be two on eBay that do not look like they were made the same way. Not sure if this is a patch king copy or legit. I bought a small collection of assorted WWII stuff and will probably have a few questions on a few more things. I appreciate all the help and knowledge that is spread throughout this forum and it's fellow members!

Thank You

Gerrad Grant

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Gerradtgrant

Here is a grouping I own to Sgt. Paul Froberg, who was KIA while serving in Detachment 101.

Grant,

Thanks for the scans. Very interesting, that's a very nice grouping you have there to a very brave soldier. Again thanks for sharing.

Gerrad Grant

What does a real one look like? Not sure I have ever seen a theater made one, except the type where they cut off the top and repositioned.

Gerradtgrant

What does a real one look like? Not sure I have ever seen a theater made one, except the type where they cut off the top and repositioned. 

I was hoping to see a real one. Seems like a rare patch if you haven't encountered one Mort. So, this is a patch king copy from what I am gathering. What era would it have been made? Early post war?

Gerradtgrant

Yep, 1940s patchking type. 

http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/223589-patches-disproved-from-research/page-4?hl=jingpaw&do=findComment&comment=2114823

see post #78. Originals have a curled "G" in Jingpaw or in Rangers. 

And are cut up and flipped. 

Thank You Sir! That was very helpful!

Gerradtgrant

And the ones made patch King are very collectible

That is good information thanks!

Gerradtgrant
I read that this morning, after searching again. I couldn't find that thread yesterday. Definitely a good thread and worth reading.

Not trying to stir things up but the one that started this post looks alot like the one Doyler refered us to see. The Patch King was a manufacturer that also bought from other war time manufacturers; we are conflating the reproductions of his WW1 patches and assumming the others are all repros,they are not. Again the back shown is same as one referred to as good atleast to my eyes. How many on forum have actually been in the PK headquarters in Manhattan. I have multiple times and one of my friends actually worked for him.

very true i new Al mallar before he got sick and went to florida .still have the patch album he gave me, Ski on this form posted it for me.

it was a great joy to his shop I worked on 18th street and fifth ave so was very near to the shop, just my 2 cents.

Let me back track here. Went back and looked again and DO see difference and the G issue. however the main point was that the Patch King was a legit manufacturer and provider of real period patches. He had tons of over runs from other NJ manufacturers.