Do my Eyes Deceive Me?

peterson45

I picked up this RPPC a couple of weeks ago not knowing much more than it was military and was from the earlier part of the 20th century. Upon further inspection I realized that the man in the center of the photograph is General Pershing. Since then I made a high quality scan and have been dissecting every inch. Now my question is, and this is where I might be crazy, does the man on the immediate right of Pershing look like Eisenhower? For some reason he does to me but I have not been able to connect the two given the other factors that are working against me with this photograph. For one it is a french RPPC, and the other is that the rest of the men belong to the 37th division and the suited man seems to be Ohio State Governor James M. Cox. But I have not been able to find any historical data that places them all together at the same time in what would seem to be France. I guess what I am saying is that any insight into this image would be greatly appreciated!

Erik

post-26093-0-71302300-1552397903_thumb.jpg

Its hard to make out if its Eisenhower. I Googled Eisenhower and WWI hoping to find a photo of Eisenhower in a uniform similar to the uniform worn in the RPPC postcard. I was checking for similarities. I could not find one. Finding a photo of Eisenhower in a WWI uniform similar to the uniform in the RPPC postcard could help determine if its him. A check for ribbons/awards on the uniform could serve as a clue.

Well, For what it's worth, I don't feel that it's Ike. Why, because that man's face appears somewhat 'fatter' than Ike's, at least to me it does. The tunic's 'stand up' collar design may account for some of that appearance, though not enough to make a visible difference, IMHO. Thats just my observation on it for what it's worth. Good Luck,

Best, dpast32

Thank you guys for weighing in on the subject. It seems that the general consensus is what I had pretty much know all along but wanted to make sure there might not have been something I missed. All and all it is still a pretty cool RPPC that I love having in my collection!

manayunkman

I lived near Gettysburg for 30 years.

There was a flea market nearby and one day I found out that one of the dealers was an X Secret Service agent.

He was one of Ikes agents and one day sold me 3 of Ikes suites that he kept.

The Eisenhowers had a farm in Gettysburg.