ebay para? inland

Costa

I know what these markings appear to be. Not Airborne but very rare if it is what I think it is.

Rich

Care to share grasshopper? MTO?vv

The yellow bars were painted by 36th ID officers for the invasion of Salerno. Most were overpainted afterwards, making this extremely rare if it is indeed legit.

Russ

just a little observation---- he has another helmet with captain bars. the description on that is the same as the one in this thread and from the same named Sullivan!

I’m always suspicious when a helmet like this was discussed recently on another M1 helmet group and next thing one appears on eBay with poor quality pictures. I emailed the guy for better pictures and didn’t get a reply.

I also posted a photo of similar markings being used in France.

I personally think this was a good one. Pictures were bad but not a well enough known marking for someone to want to fake. I bet someone made a deal offline for this one. Likely the vet was with the 36th and had 2 helmets with no airborne connection whatsoever.

The helmets were part of larger group of items all from two trunks. There were a pair of jump boots, M3 knife, misc field gear, pinks, shirts and an Officers Jacket with an Airborne patch. The estate seller couldn't provide much on identification.

USMC-RECON0321

The helmets were part of larger group of items all from two trunks. There were a pair of jump boots, M3 knife, misc field gear, pinks, shirts and an Officers Jacket with an Airborne patch. The estate seller couldn't provide much on identification.

J.

Are you the seller or just asked the seller questions? Would be interesting to see these groups.

Troy

Hey Troy. No I looked at buying the helmets but the pricing the seller gave me was not even close to being realistic.

Anton- Tri-Cities area of Eastern TN is only a couple hours from me. Not that far.

appears not be "Sullivan" inside the CPT Shell. I wonder if the seller didn't see the board comments because now there are better photos. Could be seen as a guest of course.

VR

PEG6