USMC made in Mexico dagger?

Good evening everyone, I saw this dagger at an antique store today and was wondering what this is? Is it a souvenir piece? Has anyone seen another one?

Thanks for any info!

Jacob

post-162535-0-36230000-1552088877_thumb.jpg

rsz_1banner.jpg.3598ba000d6c3ebe2d5590d9e0df90cd.jpg

Check out my online museum: http://www.pofmilitaryantiques.com/

It looks like all the markings are etched, there are no issued blades like this, and so, at best, a personal use item bought somewhere and embellished.Without provenance or tie to a specific Marines, it's just a curiosity.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Yep, I'm going to say that this Hispanic Marine was merely proud of his heritage/branch of service and decide to showcase it by personalizing his blade a bit. :)

Jamie

donation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

ludwigh1980

Tampico Affair 1914 capture? If not too expensive I would buy it.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gif

Seeking Model 1895 and 1902 Named Officer coats as well as Spanish American War Tropical Uniforms.
Also pre WW2 marine uniforms. Always pre-1945 Colorado National Guard Items wanted! Also seeking Rhodesian

Uniforms and Gear used by Americans in the Rhodesian Security Forces during the Bush War (Africa).

Fortune cookie say: "An expert is someone that knows so much about so little."

San Diego Marine on a weekend excursion across the border also may have picked it up for use in the field

teufelhunde.ret

Appears to me as a WW2 era bolo/machete. A full view of the handle may provide more clues.

The bended knee is not a tradition of our Corps. (General A. A. Vandegrift, USMC, 5 May 1946)

San Diego Marine on a weekend excursion across the border also may have picked it up for use in the field

Having grown up a few mlles from Tijuana I agree.

Without being able to see the blade, it looks somewhat like a Mexican Bowie knife, which have longer, narrower blades compared to the US-style Bowies. Mexican Bowies are often seen with a personalized etching on the blade, usually thanking someone.