Gloves, Heavy Leather, Spec. 1305

Phfly1010

I purchased these gloves for $45, which I thought was reasonable if from either war. I was told that they were for aviators to use in WW1 or WW2, but have seen similar online that state they were for US Army cold weather use for soldiers in WW1. Any help identifying these would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

post-163304-0-84893900-1551998113_thumb.jpg

post-163304-0-78636600-1551998140_thumb.jpg

I believe the name is William Walker, so either a WW1 or WW2 veteran, I guess. I don't subscribe to Fold 3 and did not see ant hits on Find a Grave for the WW1/2 era. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...

Here is a picture of my great-uncle in with similar mittens, he was part of the 8th machine gun company 5th regiment USMC from August 1917 to February 1919

post-208068-0-43417500-1545299967.jpg

I have a pair of these gloves also they came with a wagoneers uniform set that I picked up years ago. They were his "driving" gloves as he had to hold reins on his transport.

Daskreigh - When you say "waggoners" can you define that: what war, what branch, what theater, what duties, etc.

IHPHARMER- Thanks for the photo and info about your relative.

The only info inside the cuffs is a number 10. No text. I've seen similar gloves which much more info like manufacturer, date, etc.

Thank you.

Wagoneer: WWI Army as the name states he was a wagon driver. Probably for supplys. If you want pics just pm me your contact and i will send pics of that collection. I cannot figure out how to post pics to the forum.Dwayne