P-24 Ed Pereia

triplecanopy

triplecanopy

Not much information seems to be available about this maker. Ed Pereia Industries was listed as being in Foster, Rhode Island and their Institute of Heraldry hallmark is P-24. This is an uncommon hallmark and I have only recently completed the trifecta of parachute badges marked P-24 as shown here. The basic wings are pinback and marked STERLING, so I would date them to the 1960's. The Senior and Master Parachutist wings are clutch back and unmarked with any silver content and most likely date from the 1980's - 1990's. This collector finds them to be uncommon to scarce since this hallmark is seldom seen (at least by me). There is speculation that the EPGI hallmark seen on the back of other insignia may also be Ed Pereia, but that is not confirmed. Anyone else have information on this maker?

post-48217-0-69268500-1551813412.jpg

triplecanopy

Here is a close up of the P-24 Ed Pereia hallmark. I did not show the clutch back version of the basic wings above, so here it is. I have only encountered the Basic pinback Parachutist wings with the P-24 mark in sterling. If they made higher grades marked STERLING, please add your examples here.

post-48217-0-01742400-1552072967_thumb.jpg