MACV Advisor - Phoenix Program Grouping

Bullseye881

Bullseye881

I picked up this group over the weekend at an estate sale for the late Col. Thomas Glodek. Col. Glodek was also the author of "The Advisory Team", with the information listed below coming from the back of his book;

"Colonel Thomas R. Glodek, USA (Ret.) is a Vietnam War veteran. He served as a U.S. Army Captain, United States Military Assistance Command, Vietnam (MACV) IV Corps, over fourteen months from June, 1968 to July, 1969. During his tour he was a MACV intelligence advisor in Chau Phu & Kien Giang Provinces assigned to the CIA’s Phoenix Program.

The Author’s first assignment was at Advisory Team 64, Chau Duc, Cau Phu Province. His next assignment was at Advisory Team 55, Rach Gia, Kien Giang Province. In these assignments, he was the Phoenix Provincial Coordinator & worked in the Provincial Intelligence Operations Coordination Center (PIOCC) with his South Vietnamese counterparts from the Provincial Intelligence Staff, Chieu Hoi Open Arms Program, and local police agencies. He supervised five District Intelligence Operations & Coordination Centers (DIOCC’s) located in Ha Tien, Kien Luong, Kien Tan, Kien Binh & Kien An districts.

The author’s last assignment was at Phu Quoc District where he was an advisor to a South Vietnamese infantry battalion. Upon the completion of his tour, the author received the Bronze Star, Air Medal, Vietnamese Service Medal, Republic of Vietnam Campaign Medal, Republic of Vietnam Gallantry Cross with Palm Unit Citation, and the Combat Infantryman’s Badge."

post-159979-0-56025700-1551760388_thumb.jpg

The first tiger shirt in post #3 is interesting showing two patterns.Does it appear to be altered to a larger size? The bottom looks extended as well

Bullseye881

The first tiger shirt in post #3 is interesting showing two patterns.Does it appear to be altered to a larger size? The bottom looks extended as well

Yes, pieces of gold tiger stripe where added to the sides, cuffs & bottom. I think Col. Glodek was a bigger guy, so I am guessing the shirt in it's original size (Asian Large) was just too small for him.

I would say you struck gold by the looks of it. Very nice grouping, congrats.

Thanks for sharing.

Best

M

One of the best Vietnam groupings I have seen in some time. Thanks for taking the time to share this with us.

Yes, pieces of gold tiger stripe where added to the sides, cuffs & bottom. I think Col. Glodek was a bigger guy, so I am guessing the shirt in it's original size (Asian Large) was just too small for him.

Thanks.

neat modification.