M1 helmets WW2-Vietnam., rarest of the rare?

Outside of the occasional battle damaged pot that shows up, "what is the most scarce or difficult type of steel pot to find regardless of vintage"? Airborne, medics, Chaplain, MP, Infantry, Marine, Navy ect. ect. ect. Everyone has an opinion and I'd like to hear them.

Molan Labe

navy combat demolition unit/ navy beach battalion helmets. the casualty rates, and how the navy repaints previously used helmets make them a holy grail. also the fact that no two were really painted the same

I'm just an observer here, but based upon everything I've seen here and in shows, I would say the Holy Grail of M1 Helmets is an proven M2 in its original configuration, straps, liner, painted insignia etc. and used by an identifiable person in the D-Day jump.

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2016.gifdonation2017.gifdonation2018.gif

Umm the rarest of the rare is the one you are looking for. After you stop looking for it and you settle for something else it pops up and is bought before you even know about it.

I saw 4 legit M-2's at the SOS alone so, not really rarest of the rare. The rarest helmets are the experimentals but, because so few are interested in them, the prices are low and most collectors yawn at them.

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif
donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Ike's M1

Rare, of course, but I don't think helmets of specific persons count here -- "what is the most scarce or difficult type of steel pot to find..." emphasis here being on the word "type". Some good answers already given above.

Steve

donation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

WWII Parish-Reading with the factory finish and straps.

Now that's a good one. And how about a LINCLOE titanium?

"There is no such thing as an expert, only students with different levels of education."
donation2007.gifdonation2008.gifdonation2009.gifdonation2010.gifdonation2011.gif
donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

Rare, of course, but I don't think helmets of specific persons count here -- "what is the most scarce or difficult type of steel pot to find..." emphasis here being on the word "type". Some good answers already given above.

Steve

Good pick-up Steve

Molan Labe