Jacket find turned into grouping

Just another collector

Just another collector

I bought a Vietnam era field jacket belonging to an Abraham of the 187th airborne division. I visited the shop I found the jacket and discovered the persons jump boots from the Korean War and hisnUSA shooting team jacket! His mane is Johnie Abraham SSG his serial number is 552 52 5925. If anyone can has a website suggestion that is good for researching an individuals military history please let me know. (Picture of the field jacket included for reference to prevypost on it)

Just another collector

I bought a Vietnam era field jacket belonging to an Abraham of the 187th airborne division. I visited the shop I found the jacket and discovered the persons jump boots from the Korean War and hisnUSA shooting team jacket! His mane is Johnie Abraham SSG his serial number is 552 52 5925. If anyone can has a website suggestion that is good for researching an individuals military history please let me know. (Picture of the field jacket included for reference to prevypost on it)

post-176748-0-82062400-1551576699.jpeg

post-176748-0-40223500-1551576706.jpeg

post-176748-0-37407700-1551576713.jpeg

post-176748-0-12557200-1551576721.jpeg

Nice couple of pieces. Your guy served in the 187th Regimental Combat Team as opposed to a division. The black jump boots date from 1955 or later. In Korea, they would have been brown. Your boots are factory finished in black. You can tell the difference by the color of the stitching. Black stitching is black boot army timeframe. Brown stitching would be earlier.

Allan

Just another collector

Nice couple of pieces. Your guy served in the 187th Regimental Combat Team as opposed to a division. The black jump boots date from 1955 or later. In Korea, they would have been brown. Your boots are factory finished in black. You can tell the difference by the color of the stitching. Black stitching is black boot army timeframe. Brown stitching would be earlier.

Allan

Thank you for the corrections, I no know for future reference!