The West Coast Historical Militaria Collectors Show May 10-11 2019

Government Issue

Government Issue

Considering the SOS is over, I figured it'd be wise to start advertising another great upcoming event. I attended the Pomona show for the first time last year and loved every minute of it. I got to meet many of our great members, learn a lot, and made some great additions to the collection, too. This one is put on and hosted by our very own Bob Chatt of Vintage Productions, and you won't want to miss it. You'll see some unbelievable stuff and meet and interact with some wonderful people! Give a shout out if you're attending!

Dealers set up is on Thursday, May 9th 3pm-6pm and Friday, May 10th 8am-930am

Friday, May 10th & Saturday, May 11th, 2019

Thursday, May 9th: Dealer load in 3pm-6pm (subject to change)

Friday, May 10th: Additional dealer load in time (as needed): 8am-10am

Friday, May 10th: Open to public 10am-6pm

Saturday, May 11th: Open to public 9am-5pm (no Sunday hours)

NOTE: We will NOT be hosting a costume contest in 2019

Are you a serious collector? If so, we invite you to come early and get a first look; purchase your EARLY BIRD BUY-IN pass, available during Dealer load-in 3pm-6pm on THURSDAY, cost is $95 and the pass is good for the entire weekend!

http://www.militariashow.com

https://www.facebook.com/wchmcs/

post-8235-0-92020800-1551206463.jpg

<script src="safari-extension://com.ebay.safari.myebaymanager-QYHMMGCMJR/b116a0fc/background/helpers/prefilterHelper.js" type="text/javascript"> </script>

Government Issue

IMPORTANT: I just saw the banner ad for the show on the forum and realized I posted an older map of the show. The SHOW is in Fairplex building No. 9. I repeat No. 9. not No. 4. I want to apologize for the miscommunication. If anyone walks into the wrong building feel free to blame me! :lol:

Absolutely cannot wait! I have been driving to this event for many years all the way from Missouri - 1,876 miles one-way.. and I'm close compared to a certain world-renowned Medal collector and dealer from North Carolina who makes the trip. We wouldn't do it if it wasn't absolutely worth it. However, since the show is only a few miles from Ontario International Airport - it is easy to do from absolutely anywhere. If you are not at Pomona, you are really missing out.

Government Issue

Absolutely cannot wait! I have been driving to this event for many years all the way from Missouri - 1,876 miles one-way.. and I'm close compared to a certain world-renowned Medal collector and dealer from North Carolina who makes the trip. We wouldn't do it if it wasn't absolutely worth it. However, since the show is only a few miles from Ontario International Airport - it is easy to do from absolutely anywhere. If you are not at Pomona, you are really missing out.

Me too! Based on your location, I'm assuming your affiliated with AGM? I love your company! You guys always have great offerings in your catalogues, and if I remember right, you guys had all the flight helmets and that killer 14th infantry division WWI tunic at the show last year. I'm looking forward to what you guys will bring this time. You also reminded me that I've got something for Robert. I'm long overdue for sending some photographs his way I promised him last year. Hopefully, he'll be at the show so I can give them to him in person. Robert, if you're reading this, sorry for dropping the ball!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Rakkasan187

Wishing everyone a good time and good treasure hunting..

My boss is taking leave, leaving me to mind the museum,, so maybe someday I will be able to go...

Leigh

Bob's Show is always first class! For next year, I recommend you plan the Mesa , AZ show first then on to Pomona! A really great way to spend two weekends!

vintageproductions

Couple more days.

Lots of out of state and out of country buyers already in town for the show.

Air Force Brat

Well I will be attending, it will be my very first Militaria convention / show. I feel a little ashamed I'll only be driving for about 18,76 minutes not 1,876 miles. I wasn't aware this show had such international even national pull. I was always kind of a loner about my collecting. I moved a lot, but the other kids I knew growing up didnt seem to be into it.
I think my collecting has been a bit different than most of you guys, it was always personal for me the stuff I held on to was about us, and Dad's career. So I have a lot of paper related things. Some more tangible things but you know, West Point cadet magazines from the 50's malmstrom minuteman newspapers, couple cool missile posters and art. even signed Thunderbirds programs, I always went to those shows.
You all seem to have everything, all the uniforms patches heck I saw one vendor who had like all the actual vehicles from WW2, I wouldnt mind having an old Willies.
But you all seem so focused, rather complete with your collections. Mines a bit more erratic quite a bit.
As an adult I've been into WW2 stuff but nothing like you guys Well at least when I was a kid it wasn't today it all about the knives. I have a serious itch for WW2 daggers.

I look forward to meeting some of you, if I can remember some names, or are we all going to put US Militaria Forum stickers on our foreheads?

i.e. WW2 business cards from Hamburg, barber, nightlife, jazzband/ bar, partly in english to entice servicemen to their business, must have been during the Marshall plan.

post-220386-0-20618800-1557301236.jpg

vintageproductions

Setup will finish this morning.

Saw some great pieces yesterday.

vintageproductions

Bought and sold a lot of great stuff today.

Got to buy an Ike jacket that I have chased for many years that was shown here on USMF once.

Can’t wait until tomorrow.

I’ve made the trip to this show for a few years now, and this weekend was one of the best!

A great selection of items and some really nice stuff. Well worth the trip, it’s always good to catch up with some “forum friends” in person.