Modern poncho liners USGI

JesseJames

Does anyone happen to know how many types of poncho liners have been created, specifically ones made under contract for the US military? Not interested in commercial reproductions.

The ones I know exist and own-OD green, ACU, woodland, and marpat/coyote. From what I've read, it seems a multicam/OCP version was created at some point, but I can't find it anywhere.

I see plenty of commercial versions with the same type of tag placed in the same location, but made by Tech/technology manufacturing. The material on them is lacking in breathability and workmanship(stitching) based on the impressions of my own commercial knock off... Thanks!

I only know of 3 Woodland Marpat and ACU..

I bought around 12 of them over Christmas for presents. ACU and Marpat.

The tag on all of them reads made by School for the blind.

They were reasonable too. Used but in great condition. Some looked un used.

I paid 15 a piece for the ACU's and around 22 I think for the 4 Marpats.

Im not affiliated with this seller in any way other than I bought a bunch of them.

He has raised his prices since Christmas. He's asking 17.50 now.... for the ACU's

https://www.ebay.com/itm/USGI-MILITARY-PONCHO-LINER-BLANKET-ACU-DIGITAL-CAMO-NO-HOLES-RIPS-ETC/372599442561?hash=item56c0a84c81:g:3G8AAOSwHn9brU6l:rk:18:pf:0

Nice. Yeah, I always try to get the ones by winston-salem institute for the blind. Those are pretty good prices too. They are nicer after being broken in for a while, but i've been buying new ones for around $30 with a shiny, crisp tag and no fading. Just random sellers on eBay. Last week, I bought an almost new woodland one from an infrequent seller to replaces a commercial knock off for around $20 shipped.

There's a neat site that sells poncho liner 'hoodies'. They're out of stock right now, but I could see myself blowing $70 on one in the near future.

• 4 weeks later...

Does anyone happen to know how many types of poncho liners have been created, specifically ones made under contract for the US military? Not interested in commercial reproductions.

The ones I know exist and own-OD green, ACU, woodland, and marpat/coyote. From what I've read, it seems a multicam/OCP version was created at some point, but I can't find it anywhere.

I see plenty of commercial versions with the same type of tag placed in the same location, but made by Tech/technology manufacturing. The material on them is lacking in breathability and workmanship(stitching) based on the impressions of my own commercial knock off... Thanks!

https://www.armyproperty.com/categories/8405/LINER,WET%20WEATHER%20P

Funny I was just wondering that myself. I've only personally seen 5 of the six from this list. I've heard about the OCP ones as well, but believe they were all in reference to the tech mfg junk.

On a related note I've had one of the hoodie woobies for about a year now from Buffalo to Baghdad, and its well worth the money.

I had an ERDL pattern that faded to a sort of lime green. I got it in the mid-70s, but don't recall the date on it. Even the tag is washed out now. Later, I got a Woodland pattern sometime in the 80s or 90s. I know they issued ACU pattern,, but I am ignorant of any others.

https://www.armyproperty.com/categories/8405/LINER,WET%20WEATHER%20P

Funny I was just wondering that myself. I've only personally seen 5 of the six from this list. I've heard about the OCP ones as well, but believe they were all in reference to the tech mfg junk.

On a related note I've had one of the hoodie woobies for about a year now from Buffalo to Baghdad, and its well worth the money.

I have one from black rifle coffee company in woodland, and it's great. Since it seems like the few manufacturers(i know of only BRCC and perseverance survival) use the chinese poncho liners, I may have to bring the materials and finished product to a tailor to get one made. I don't know if it will be worth the cost, the brcc version is as soft as the real thing, and by far the best chinese version i've ever seen. There is a surplus store nearby that sells mostly fake poncho liners and you can tell right away. Is buffalo to baghdad still making the hoodies? I did a quick search and couldn't find it.

• 2 months later...

OD, ERDL, Woodland, ACU, MARPAT, Multicam/OCP.

Strangely, until recently I'd only seen the OD ones from very early production, but a Canadian eBay seller has a few dated in the 1980s. I got one and it seems to be a legit label (only manufacturer name, no "Made in the U.S.A.", etc), made by Hialeah Industries Inc.

I have one I bought from a real surplus store in 1976. Its a center seam, erdl on one side and od on the other. Its been heavley used over the many decades and now has patches on it.