2019 OVMS Show of Shows Finds

HOF

I didn't go this year (and probably won't go again) although I had picked up a few nice items along with entire boxes of stuff at quitting time on Saturday (which was sometimes 2 PM) for good prices over the years. I look forward to seeing any US treasures that were found though!

Finally got one of these, 510th Fighter-Bomber Sq. Langley AFB about 1956, flying F-84Fs. Big sucker, about 6", made for chest wear. Modified from its WW 2 design. The 510 is the only USAF unit to have purple as its unit color. I picked up about 20 I needed, so a good show for me.

Randy

post-8832-0-63221000-1551115191.jpg

The 1st SSF is very nice Italian woven version and the Flying Boot is real nice. Did you pay what you thought it would cost or was it less or more? Just thought the group would be interested in what you thought of the prices at the show. Thanks

This is an interesting piece of insignia on a paratrooper cap from the SOS. It is surrounded by medic piping and very heavily padded. Italian, Asian?..I'm not quite sure. The cap has a laundry number in it so some digging might provide the answer.

post-110-0-47502700-1551177833_thumb.jpg

The 1st SSF is very nice Italian woven version and the Flying Boot is real nice. Did you pay what you thought it would cost or was it less or more? Just thought the group would be interested in what you thought of the prices at the show. Thanks

Mort,

I talked down the prices on 3 of the 5 patches. I believe I paid less on all except maybe the Goldfish patch.

I really enjoyed seeing patches that I have never seen in real life before. One example for me is below. I never saw a bullion example in real life before going to this show. He only wanted to trade for it and I only had cash. He took it out of the case for me to photograph. He thought it was worth $4,000.00.

post-151977-0-28718900-1551186747.jpg

I have owned only one in full bullion like that in 40 years.That is so rare in full bullion that I do not think the price is crazy.Scotty

Brian Dentino

Wow, that T Force patch is stunning! What a work of art.....if I ever paid anywhere close to that price for a patch my wife would frame ME and hang me from a wall!