$850 ebay Ike jacket

catfish774

This had been posted on the forum previously, another member had a chance to purchase it before it was posted on eBay but passed because of the high price. It's been on the Bay for a few months since then I believe, and it will probably sit there for many more without a reduction in price and it not being only local pickup.

It's definitely a nice uniform, just a little much IMHO.

Hunt

This uniform walked in to a Wilmington OVMS show a year ago. The guy came to my table...said this belonged to a family friend/neighbor in a small Indiana town. He was a D-day vet, still alive, and could be interviewed.

I made him a fair offer for what he had in hand....I don't remember what it was now...250..300(?)....figuring that it would be cool to interview the guy, etc. The seller didn't exactly quote a price, but gave the feeling he was looking for 1K for it. I suggested he walk it around....figuring he was off his rocker and would likely return. But...apparently....he found someone to give him stupid money for it...that person promptly listed it on eBay, and there it has sat for the last year or so.

I don't get it at all.

This uniform walked in to a Wilmington OVMS show a year ago. The guy came to my table...said this belonged to a family friend/neighbor in a small Indiana town. He was a D-day vet, still alive, and could be interviewed.

I made him a fair offer for what he had in hand....I don't remember what it was now...250..300(?)....figuring that it would be cool to interview the guy, etc. The seller didn't exactly quote a price, but gave the feeling he was looking for 1K for it. I suggested he walk it around....figuring he was off his rocker and would likely return. But...apparently....he found someone to give him stupid money for it...that person promptly listed it on eBay, and there it has sat for the last year or so.

I don't get it at all.

The eBay listing doesn't strike me as being written by anyone who knows anything about militaria. I wouldn't be surprised if the seller is the same guy who offered it to you.

I saw the group shortly after the first dealer bought from the vet and posted a thread about it here: http://www.usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/313472-any-esb-collectors-out-there/?hl=australian

The first dealer took the post WWII chevrons off of the jacket and included WWII chevrons with the group. He sold the group to the current dealer.