Show Of Shows 2019 Thoughts & Photos

CNY Militaria

I thought the show was phenomenal. I had a really great load of stuff for the tables and was busy pretty much non-stop. Never did see the whole show. Saturday was a bit slow for us. People came ready to buy, and i found the the serious buyers didnt waste time haggling over prices too much.

I found some great things for the collection. Specifically a 4th Marine Div group from a flamethrower. My partner originally bought it from the Vet about 10 years ago, before i knew him. He's told me about it many times, as the guy lived about 2 miles from my house. I never thought i would get a chance to own it. I happened to be walking by the fellow Michigan dealer who had it in his collection, when he pulled it out and asked me if i was interested. I could have left Wed night a happy man with this grouping.

Its always a nice time seeing fellow forum members and friends. It never ceases to amaze me how willing many are in sharing advice and giving

opinions on items that im unsure of.

Hello, that is a wonderful 4th Div grouping, congratulations! Is it possible to reveal more about it?!

Cheers Graham

BigDogMilitaria

Very nice Riker with the 103rd div and the 83rd CMBn patches;a nice score.

Thanks... picked it up on the last day when a guy i was set up with remembered he brought it with him.

Hello, that is a wonderful 4th Div grouping, congratulations! Is it possible to reveal more about it?!

Cheers Graham

Thanks, I will take better pics and post more about it this weekend.

That bomb disposal Ike is killer for sure with those bullion patches.That's definitely one of a kind! Finding anything ID'd to a torch operator is very difficult, too. Great pick ups!

Dorango, got any more pics of that cover? Love the ball caps, too.

Heres another pic of the cover showing its unique construction...mike

post-350-0-93766700-1551318492.jpeg

I thought the show was phenomenal. I had a really great load of stuff for the tables and was busy pretty much non-stop. Never did see the whole show. Saturday was a bit slow for us. People came ready to buy, and i found the the serious buyers didnt waste time haggling over prices too much.

I found some great things for the collection. Specifically a 4th Marine Div group from a flamethrower. My partner originally bought it from the Vet about 10 years ago, before i knew him. He's told me about it many times, as the guy lived about 2 miles from my house. I never thought i would get a chance to own it. I happened to be walking by the fellow Michigan dealer who had it in his collection, when he pulled it out and asked me if i was interested. I could have left Wed night a happy man with this grouping.

Its always a nice time seeing fellow forum members and friends. It never ceases to amaze me how willing many are in sharing advice and giving

opinions on items that im unsure of.

LOVE the UNIS marked packs - would love to see more pics of those sometime!

Thanks for posting!

Best,

Bill K.

We have been attending military and antique shows for over 40 years and rarely do we lower ourselves to have to ASK the price on something. One guy at the sos has a ton of "inventory " marks on his tags but no price. Never understood that.

We do our best to have each item priced and with a short description. We "work " the shows and always do well. And make great friends in the process.

My wife just wanted to add that "no price, it's free!"

What great fun this was and making plans for next year.

I thought it was a great show this year. It did have much more of an "Allies" feel vs. "Axis" this time around. Having it more focused on US material just meant there was more for US Collectors to look at.

I bought some really nice medal groups this year and some other items too. Met some new people and hung out with the old ones. Everyone at our table missed Tom Lane this year as he was always a fixture there in the past.

Kurt

• 2 weeks later...

I learned something today... I spent way too much time at your table!

Seriously though, it was great working with you guys. See you next year.

Great show and it's been my experience that more items come my way after the show a as a result of talking to folks. I have only been twice so i don't have a good run rate to compare but the calls i get from folks i met at the show seem to result in more items added to my collection than those i buy at the show.

Can't wait for the next one.