USMC WW2 Helmet Cover

All the signs are there, it has the triangle stiching on the beach side as well as the double stiching on the beach side. I also see the correct "pac-man" camo spot. That's what I have been taught to detect a real one. I think it's good and it looks unissued, but wait for some others to give their opinion.

Jacob

Check out my website: http://www.pofmilitaryantiques.com/

donation2016.gifdonation2017.gif

There was one thread where someone was saying that stitching is easy to replicate and that the colors are what to look at. It’s all very confusing. I will say that I’m starting to regret buying it since I can’t really display it without chinstrap slits.

that is a solid cover. as far as display goes, some marines just let it sag on their helmet without cutting slits, so it would still be appropriate on a helmet. just pull at the tongues a little bit and lightly press them in place while you slowly slide the liner in for a tighter look without cutting. it will require some patience to get it to sit aesthetically though, especially a seemingly unissued cover with no rim impressions in the fabric

Color and material weave look correct.

Also its a slotted flap version.I dont follow repros closely but didnt think they had reproed the slotted flaps

In Memoriam:
Lieutenant J.Kostelec 1-3 First Special Service Force MIA/PD 4 March 1944 Italy
I HAVE SEEN THE ENEMY AND IT IS DAYLIGHT
Forget about the tips..We'll get hell to pay (AC/DC)
"If you cant get out and run with the big dogs then sit on the porch and bark at the cars going by.."

Have you Hugged a Clown Today?

You Cant Get A Sun Tan On The Moon..

Your cover is good, but when people bring up the "pac man" pattern, that is not a good thing. Your cover has the irregular "lima bean" shape, but this image illustrates the "pac man" found on repro covers.

post-8602-0-22657400-1550900741.jpg

donation2012.gifdonation2013.gifdonation2014.gifdonation2015.gifdonation2016.gif

donation2017.gifdonation2018.gifdonation2019.gifdonation2020.gif

Your cover is good, but when people bring up the "pac man" pattern, that is not a good thing. Your cover has the irregular "lima bean" shape, but this image illustrates the "pac man" found on repro covers.

attachicon.gif post-2910-0-79472200-1366728731.jpg

Here are some close ups of it. Why is it bad to bring up pacman? It's only bad if the pacman doesnt have the spacing between the colors like in your picture. That it means it's a repro. Mine clearly has the spacing. Is that what you're saying?

Close ups of pacman on my cover:

post-8903-0-45624900-1550937733.jpg

post-8903-0-98056400-1550937765.jpg

Here are some close ups of it. Why is it bad to bring up pacman? It's only bad if the pacman doesnt have the spacing between the colors like in your picture. That it means it's a repro. Mine clearly has the spacing. Is that what you're saying?

Close ups of pacman on my cover:

attachicon.gifrps20190223_105953.jpg

attachicon.gifrps20190223_105855.jpg

I'm pretty sure I remember reading that the reason the "Pac-man" is no good is because if it is the perfect crescent shape as shown earlier it is a reproduction as the machines/computers which the reproduction companies used to create the colors have trouble reproducing that irregular shape as shown on your cover. I might be remembering that wrong, but there is your reasoning.

Hunt

I am an amateur collector of US military items of the 20th century.

Looking for items related to:

-The Aleutian Island Campaign of WW2, Alaskan Theater, Alaska Defense Command, and more specifically the Battle of Attu

-Items related to the 50th Combat Engineer Regiment/Battalion

-Items related to Wheelus Air Force Base Libya, particularly from 1957-1960

-WW2 items belonging to service members from Northern Virginia

-WW2 Uniforms (all branches and services)

-Cheap/Throwaway WW2 named uniforms

-Smaller WW2 Groupings

-7th Infantry Division Items

-WW2 Photos and Letters (all branches, theaters, services, etc)

^^ PM ME!!

Instagram: @surplus_central https://instagram.com/surplus_central/

eBay: http://www.ebay.com/usr/giovachm

Not saying you should cut it, but isnt that most likely what a marine would have done in the field? IMHO, although you preserve the "mint ness" and possibly value, its a less authentic look if you display it as is. In the end it's a matter of personal preference.