M3 medic's bag

Nervous

Hello

Got question about this bag. It got Prentice Made in USA zippers, got anchor on bucklet, but also got that circle stamp and no others marks.

It is US made for US or other countries?

post-4753-0-91552800-1550735016_thumb.jpg

I have a completely unmarked rubber bag too in my collection that's always been a mystery. The hardware on the front has a 'US' marking on it. Mine has the lift dot closer on it.

Yours is Korean war style. My two Korean war bags only have manufacturer stamps on them I believe, but I have seen them with dates as well.

I don't know of any other countries military that used this style of bag.

But there is no others stamps, stock or company name. It isn't tipical for US

Here are three I could get my hands on.These are a latter pattern having the LTD snap.I probably have 2-3 others.

One is dated 1968...upper right hand side bag.

One is only Marked New York Drop Cloth

One has no markings for maker and only has SF MD on inner flap and 10th ABN GP on outer.(I believe its for the 10th SFG)

post-342-0-11696000-1550817195_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-38266600-1550817240_thumb.jpg

post-342-0-96983300-1550817341_thumb.jpg

Ron,

Those are really nice bags. Do they have their original contents?

Years ago I was obsessed with the rubber variation of this bag and I would buy every one I saw. (Same goes for rubber 2 qt canteen covers) I must have around a dozen or so. They are in a HDX storage bin and I haven't seen them in a few years now, one was dated 1966, one and 1968, at least two are DSA 100 stamp without an actual year. I'm sure one at least one is dated 1967. The non rubber bags are just manufacturer marker. I remember at one time I had one that only parts of the bags were rubberized while the other parts were regular ole canvas I definitely sold that one (unfortunately) and it was dated 1968.

Today I saw a post on Instagram of an Australian troop with an M3 bag fixed to his suspenders on the the rear just below his neck.

I wonder if they had an m3 bag. I know I have at least one that is unmarked in rubber.

Ron,

Is any of the hardware around the lift dot stamped 'US' on any of your bags?

(Top left unmarked) (top right 1968) (bottom left DSA) (bottom right 1966)

post-2305-0-45123800-1550820294_thumb.jpg

Justin

Great bags.

The 68 dated one is full of items.The other two have a few bandages and bits etc still with them.As far as time frame of the items I never really looked closely as these kits seem to been in inventory/used for years and were added to or items replaced.

I will have to check the snaps.

I have a couple around from a local vet who was in the National guard from 1949-1975.retired as a Major.When he first went in he was part of the 109th MedicalOne still has a lot of the contents.Typical bandages,band aids,ointments,sunburn cream etc.May dig it out when I have a chance.

The Dutch M3 are a bit wider and often have the NSN Number with 17 for the country (12 for Germay, 00 and 01 USA, 17 for Netherlands....) printed where the US M3 has the Medical Corps stamp - thats at least what I have observed.

Nervous - I have pretty much the same bag and it came filled with US medical stuff. I guess this is an early - probably WWII M3 medic bag.

I actually had 2 of them but one sold several years ago and I only kept the nice one.

The other ne I had was marked with "New York Drop Cloth Co" or the like - I will check for pictures...

Also a foriegn made bag wouldnt use the US and Caduceus.

The closer strap shown in post one is what I call a first pattern or prior to the lift the dot.

I dug out the ful one from the local Guaurd vet.It has the early closure strap and dated 1951.I know I still have one or trwo others he had as well.

• 2 weeks later...
Constabulary

BTW - when you take a close look at the Kevin Lyles Book: Vietnam: Us Uniforms in Colour Photographs on page 67 - you will notice the combat medic has an M3 with strap closure w/o LTD (notice the small trap hanging down from the M3