Patton sabre combat knife conversion price

tthen

Good evening all,

I'm heading to the SOS in the morning. I'm looking to possibly add a hilt section patton sabre, knife conversion to my collection. I looked on ebay for closed sold examples and could only find one. I'm looking for a nice one with an intact sheath. Anyone have an idea of the going price?

Thank you and hope to see you there.

Tom

minedon, man those are all so nice, but there is just something about the hilt section Patton conversion that I really like. Thank you for showing your collection and the information. Will post if I find one.

SA 1914 16572

SA 1913 5042

SA 1914 16827

SA 1914 11908

SA 1914 12395

SA 1914 13611

SA 1914 20636

SA 1914 27830

SA 1914 13300

SA 1913 4261

SA 1913 4318

LF&C 1918 3129

LF&C 1918 3706

The pictures are old. Some of these knives are not included in the pictures.

These three knives are not shown in the above pictures. What is interesting about them is they are the actual three knives Mr. Cole used for his drawings in his book, Cole IV, page 121.

The bottom knife is made from a vintage Simmons Hardware Company honing steel. I have only seen a few like it. I also attached a picture of this knife next to an example of a Simco honing steel it was made from.

post-165606-0-01310600-1550946288_thumb.jpg

Frank Trzaska

Outstanding collection. I like the photo of the knives and the Cole book together, well done mikedon.

All the best

Frank Trzaska

Possibly two other unknown manufactures of the knives pictured above. Of course the well documented Anderson Company of Glendale CA made knives with Patton blades, (not pictured). Knife Crafters of Philadelphia PA also made knives from Patton and Civil War blades, (not pictured).

I consider the knives pictured in post #2 and post #8 as SAIW knives.

mikedon, went to the SOS and found a grand total of 1 Patton sabre hilt section. The sheath retainer strap was broken and the blade condition was not what I was looking for. The seller was asking $750.00. There was 2 other Civil War sword conversions that I found, both had an asking price of $1000.00. So I'm still looking. I can not find the words to describe your collection, so I'll just say outstanding!