Japanese Cavalry Carbine bring back

beerdragon54

I just purchased this group to a Navy guy from the USS Tangier. They pulled / months of occupation duty in late 1945. The best part of the group in my opinion is the fact that everything on the capture paper I received and it wasn’t split up. The history of Tangier is awesome in my opinion in that not only was she at Pearl Harbor for the attack but shot down 3 confirmed zeros. My question is was this same guy at Pearl Harbor during the attack? Does anyone have access to the muster rolls to check for me?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I was watching this set, and thought long and hard about buying it, but I had some other items taking up the funds. Really neat. I like capture papers with the rifle numbered on them. It's fairly standard practice during the war, but post war you rarely see numbered papers for a rifle.

Where abouts in NYS are you located? I'm in the Southern Tier.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

This is my first Japanese rifle with mum removed but I don’t see many cavalry versions with them. The extractor and firing pin do not match but the rest do. I don’t bump into many all matching either on these prewar carbines.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 1 month later...
SGT CHIP SAUNDERS

NO EXPERT . I have seen Type 44's often, almost all have had the flower defaced . They are a very well made piece .