PHONEY Poncho Liners

JesseJames

I am a big fan of poncho liners(warm, lightweight, and inexpensive). I recently decided to try to get one of each version- Woodland, MARPAT/coyote, and ACU. I managed to find a brand spanking new one in ACU for like $28 shipped. A week later I saw an eBay user selling what appeared to be brand new woodland liners as well as MARPAT versions. I look at the tags in the photos first, and these looked crisp and new. Made sure the supplier was real(winston-salem industries for the blind), and not one of the fake chinese ones they sell all over amazon. Check. I get the woodland one first and the manufacturer on the tag is totally different than the one he used in the ad. Please let me know what you think. Here is the photos used in the ad. The one below is what I actually received. post-212515-0-38957100-1550703529_thumb.jpg

I saw that too. There are only a few manufacturers that make them, and so it's really easy to tell if you have a fake. I noticed the contract number is the same as the WSIFTB version, but the supplier is Technology Man Corp which doesn't make sense. I can't believe the seller would take a picture of one thing and send me another. I hope it was a mistake and not intentional.

I would contact them, and ask to exchange it for the one pictured!!

I sent a brief message, with pictures, so I'm hoping for a resolution! I really hope the one that's coming tomorrow is the same one pictured. I'll be sure to update here if it isn't.

No response from this seller yet. This is the 3rd error in maybe 5 weeks involving military surplus not being what it's advertised as. 3 weeks ago I ordered a "new" bivy sack for $120 that was not new at all. I can tell by the worn out, barely readable tag. Makes me think twice.

Ok, update- seller contacted me and issued a partial refund, as this was probably an isolated incident. The USMC marpat/coyote liner was brand new and still in original packaging .