Most Expensive Camillus MK1 Ever

SKIPH

Hey Gang! Just stumbled on this ebay ad for a Camillus USN MK1 for sale. The Buy Now price is a whopping $777.00 ebay item # 183692041242. At first I thought it was just a decimal point misplaced, but nope it's not. Checked out the other items they sell, mostly household things. But did see how they jack up prices of militaria. WW2 Japanese Bayonet $1235.00, 101st ABN fatique jacket, $1325.00. Really outrageous prices. Not sure if this is done out of lack of knowledge, or wishful thinking. Anyway, as we all like to stress to the newer collectors, "study, and learn your subject areas". I do not know , or have ever dealt with the seller. SKIP

Just thought I'd bring it up for the newer collectors. I had seen it before, but just brushed it off checked into it this time. SKIP

SergeantMajorGray

It has been on there forever. I have made him multiple offers of $45.00 which I think is all it is worth.

If its only worth $45 I may have overpaid for mine oops.

Markets vary some when looking at specific geographies. IMHO, $45 would tend towards the low end for these. Still I've seen NOS MK1 PAL's with wrapped B.M. scabbard hard to sell at around $150 a few years back. Maybe the markets a little better for them now, but I have a hard time imagining the sellers asking price with an informed buyer.

SergeantMajorGray

Yeah I paid $67 for a average maybe little less than average Camillus mk1. I just got into collecting ww2 edged weapons alongside of guns. I was basing the worth on completed Ebay listings and not anywhere else.

If its only worth $45 I may have overpaid for mine oops.

You are right. I think if he put it an auction starting at $9.99 it would bring a lot more that $45.00. I should have said "all it is worth to me". I do not really need any more unless it was a real bargain.

sactroop is correct in his analysis also.

SergeantMajorGray

You are right. I think if he put it an auction starting at $9.99 it would bring a lot more that $45.00. I should have said "all it is worth to me". I do not really need any more unless it was a real bargain.

sactroop is correct in his analysis also.

Ah I completely agree. Although I actually didn't expect to win my auction lol.